Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Virtual Function Call KLAX to KSAN

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi... I am receiving a Virtual Function Call error R6025 when trying to fly from KLAX to KSAN I have tried to fly using RW 25R and 7L to San Diego RWY 27 or 9. I have used three different aircraft namely the PMDG 747 and the MD-11 under FMC conditions and also a Jetstar II flying manually or under ATC flying this same route. This error only seems to be at this airport as it does not occur at any other airport around the world. The error occurs midway in the flight and will freeze the machine completely. I am at a loss as to how to correct this problem. Has anyone else experienced this error when flying this route.

Thanks for any help

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman... Thanks for the link and subsequent explanation. I was pretty sure the problem was some third party software of some sort in the FS9 program. I ran the same flight on another computer with just the barebones FS9 program and there was no problem. So, it seems that something I have loaded extra in the program is the culprit but how to find which one it is will be a task as I have many many third party aircraft and scenery loaded so it will take me a while.

Thanks for your reply

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to be of help. it's most likely add-on scenery not aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman... As I said previously, I don't give up easily and I have some news to report. I noticed that when the Virtural Function Call came up, it always occurred where there were aircraft carriers present. I had Flight Deck 4 and Flight Deck 5 loaded in the system and decided to remove them one at a time. When I removed both 4 & 5 and then flew these routes again with the same aircraft the problem disappeared. Now I am not sure if Flight Deck 4 should have been removed before 5 or not. Just to be sure I am going to install Flight Deck 5 again and see what happens but at least I know how to stop the problem. I liked the carriers in Flight Deck as they had moving aircraft on their decks just the Kuznetsov carrier.

George Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Always a reason for a problem, now you can enjoy a flight.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman.... I reinstalled Abacus Flight Deck 5 and it worked fine on the flight from KLAX to KSAN using the PMDG MD-11 and the FMC. Thanks for your help is solving this. On another note, I noticed in Flight Deck 5 that the VOR NAV2 indicator points to the VOR on the carriers but it does not give me a distance measurement. I wonder if this is a bug in their program or was it done deliberatly for some reason or another. The NAV1 ILS frequency reads out the distance to the airport but no DME for NAV2. I wonder if you have expierenced this if you have Abacus Flight Deck 5 installed?

George

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain