Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

simulation not working

ben1639 Guest

hey everyone!
i have a problem with my simulator:
my joystick doesn't respond and i can't controll anything on it.... i know that it works because when i plug it in it says that it is installs the device softwer. also it is not only the joystick, the mouse yoke doesn't work as well.
can some one please tell me what to do??
any help will be very appriciated!![/list]

Pro Member Trainee
jrocky Trainee

ben1639 wrote:

hey everyone!
i have a problem with my simulator:
my joystick doesn't respond and i can't controll anything on it.... i know that it works because when i plug it in it says that it is installs the device softwer. also it is not only the joystick, the mouse yoke doesn't work as well.
can some one please tell me what to do??
any help will be very appriciated!![/list]

Couple of suggestions. Open Control Panel, Then click "system" icon, then "device manager". Expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". If there is a exclamation mark next to one of the USB ports then there is a hardware conflict. If so try using a different port. See if there are driver updates from the joystick and yoke manufacturer. I have a CH Yoke and there is software on the CH site for a control manager program that can be used to calibrate the yoke. Sometimes I need to do a rescan using the control manager software to have the Yoke work correctly before opening FSX.

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Yeah - sometimes - weirdly happens to me. I go into FSX >> Alt O E C >>> then re-tick the [Enable Controller(s)] check box.
Normally if controller is plugged in before FSX start up - - - no problems.
Also with sound config - - - sometimes when I start using FSX - I notice my sound setting are back at some useless default, - - - so I have to go Alt O E S , and re-set my sound output correctly again.

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Another possibility - - - your controller is old and needs replacing.
I had to buy and second Logitech Extreme 3D Pro recently - first one fell victim to reverse engineering Smile Smile 🙂 🙂 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

- - -No seriously - - - I gave it a right royal beating with Need for Speed Shift a while ago - - - that roger-ed it. 😛 😛 😀 😀