Eric Marciano Radar for FSX

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. I purchased the Radar program from Eric Marciano for FSX and installed it and all went well. I ran the program and but I have no aircraft return echo's from any aircraft out to the limit of 40 miles in any direction. I have seen some posts on this problem but they didn't give any answers.. I am wondering if one of the dll files is missing in the modules directory like there were in the FS9 version of the Radar program from Eric. Eric says FSUIPC is not required so I do not have it installed. I am running Windows 7, FSX with no acceleration installed. I have sent an email to Eric about this but have not yet received any reply.

Thanks

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I was going to say email him but as I read along I see you did.
I'd be interested to see what he has to say.
Good luck and nice move emailing him.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman... I have looked into the problem myself and have some verying interesting information about Radar and FSX which would be of great help to those wishing to place a radar in FSX free. However, I would like to discuss the method with you first and see it would be appropriate to announce it on the forum. I can send you a private email with the findings and would prefer to do that first.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We'd be happy to hear what you have and you can post it here, it would be a nice share with the other members.
If you want to PM me please do.

Pay and quite complete.

https://www.simshack.net/products/airborne-radar-621

I found two free ones.

This for FSX

http://www.jdtllc.com/

This for FS9 at avsim.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=MeatWater+Radar+Contact+4+VocPack+by+Nick+Schreger&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman.... I have the file ready to post including the instructions but I am at a loss as to how to attach the instructions to the message to the forum. The instructions are in text format but longer than a regular page so I cannot take a snapshot and save it as a .jpg file and and I don't know how to attach a .txt file to a message. Perhaps you can guide me a bit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You should be able to upload a word doc or make it a word doc and zip it with the rest of the download.
Use http://www.ge.tt/ for the upload, less advertising.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman... I have finally posted the Radar for FSX on the forum. I hope everything works out and they don't have too much of a problem with it. If you have the necessary RDRWDW.zip and FSUIPC files you might give it a try and see what happens. I hope I didn't miss anything so I am not inundated with a ton of replies that it doesn't work. Many thanks for your help and I hope some of the people on the forum have as much fun with it as I have.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks for doing that.
If Flyaway wakes up maybe he'll upload it to our regular download section.
He'll decide on that.

I'm off to take a look at it.
Thanks again.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...