graphics improvement add-on

function86 Guest

ive been using fsx and am looking for something to make the game look better

i have a intel core 2 quad Q8300 at 2.5ghz that works at 100% most of the time but my gtx650ti 2gbOC never even goes above 50% without overclocking it.

ive noticed a lot of videos where people have much better looking textures and i figured since my gpu isnt under much stress i can afford some graphics improvements

another question i have is with multiple cpu cores. i know that it only uses 1 core and i have set the affinity to 14 and it still doesnt work. didnt know if there is something that can help me use all 4 cores to the max potential

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Originally it only used 1 core.
SP2 patch made it possible to use all cores.
First you have to install SP1 then SP2.
They are available for download free.
They are also built into Acceleration, the add-on for FSX made by Microsoft.
I have it installed that way.
FSX deluxe and then Acceleration.
Some just buy FSX Gold and it's all in one.

Using all cores will give you better textures, if you don't think it's the best then buy an add-on, they do have some beauties.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.
Pro Member Trainee
flytsimmer Trainee

Try the Bojote Tweaks....

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...