SearchSearch 

I would like to know what I can do to a problem I am having.

Pro Member Trainee
RJ Macedo (clouddancer6673) Trainee

So far I have spent quite a bit of money trying to remedy this problem and I still have it. When I am flying a free flight after about ten minutes of flight my computer freezes up and it lasts for about ten minutes and then I can complete my flight. I still get the engine noises and the background noises and atc but my flight is frozen mid air. I have talked to some computer people I know and they said that this was a typical problem with FSX and there was nothing that could be done. I have sent an email to Microsoft and they won't answer my question. Has anyone else have this problem and found a cure to it or am I just out of luck. I have upgraded my graphics card and a bunch of other stuff. Please help.

2 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's never happed to me.
1-Do you have less than 4gigs ram and not running XP.

2-When is the last time you cleaned the inside of your computer, it sounds like overheating to me.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
HNLute Trainee

Hi, I'm quite familiar with this ordeal, inadequate video card specs is one culprit and the other is a bad video driver...esp. AMD HDXXXX Catalyst. I would de-install the driver software completely, leave the card in place...then go back to another generation of the driver at AMD Support/Driver page. Older ones are available there. Try that one and keep doing this until you find a stable one. Here's the url...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Good Luck!
HNLute