Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Graphics card help for fsx

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Hi everyone i am currently using a Nvidia GeForce gtx 275 and my system spec is Intel core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz,
8gb Memory 64 bit operating system Windoms Vista Ultimate what graphics would be best for fsx uxing my system and what settings many thanks am trying to get it as real as possible any help greatly appreciated.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'd go with the 660, I don't know what you want to spend.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-650-ti-benchmark-gk106,3318.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Hi Radarman thanks for the reply money is not an issue i would rather pay more and get the best graphics card i can for my system. Also as i am trying to get fsx as realistic as possible any add on recommendations to make it more realistic would be great too. I currently have Ultimate Traffic 2 and REX. I have seen screen shots on here that look so realistic and crisp and that is what i am aiming for.

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Radarman forgot to say i been using a 737-800 when its parked at the apron there is a lot of smoke coming from the engines and its making blocky line patterns on the concrete which is very annoying. I am going to try a different plane later and see if its the same. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated too.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Blocky patterns.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/380740/fsx-ground-textures-are-quot-blocky-quot-/?offset=6

Try any good mesh, that can help the look.
Any mesh by Holger Sandmann is the best.

Although I've never used this, add-ons like this help the look.

https://www.simshack.net/products/world-sky-2-environment-enhancement-fsx-fs2004-660

Just about the best way is to have the ultimate computer, FSX can look good on it's own when maxed out.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Ok thanks would you be able to tell me what a very good spec would be to have for fsx to run smooth maxed out and i can price it and see what i am looking at.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you can't build a machine with an i7 cpu, 2gig (minimum) video card, 12gigs ram, 1,000 to 1,200w name power supply then look at these and get an idea.

http://www.falcon-nw.com/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Thanks Radarman any recommendations on the video card?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is my computer, 4 years old.
I can max FSX out at 20 (locked FPS) without any add-ons or AI.
Now if you get the same machine with todays top of the line CPU and card your in your glory.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/35696/my-new-rig/

As for video card, choose the best you can afford...but you should have a power supply off at least 1000w (name brand).

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

That sounds awesome i am new to all this and just fed up of the graphics looking blocky and not crisp and cant see the detail and other planes look fuzzy aswell. One other thing i am using a 32" LG TV as the monitor what do i do about resolution settings not sure if thats part of the reason why things are fuzzy.

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Intel® Core™ i7-4820K Processor
MS Windows® 8.1 or Windows® 7 HP
MSI X79A-GD45 LGA2011 Mainboard
2GB nVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 760
16GB DDR3 1866MHz Memory
2TB SATA III - 6GB/s 7200rpm HDD
120GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
24x DVD Writer (read/write CD & DVD)
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Mid Tower Ultra Low Noise Performance Case + 750W Quiet Modular PSU

What about this spec?

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Mid Tower Ultra Low Noise Performance Case
X-Viper Modular 1050W 80+ Ultra Silent PSU
MSI X79A-GD45 Plus Intel® LGA2011 Mainboard - CrossFireX™/SLI™ Support
Intel® Core™ i7 Extreme 4820K Quad Core Processor (up to 3.90GHz, 10MB Cache)
Corsair H80i Hydro Series Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Overclock Configuration (available when Liquid CPU Cooler is selected)
16GB DDR3 2133MHz Memory (2x8GB) Kit
3GB AMD RADEON™ HD7970 - DVI-I,HDMI,2 mDP,EyeFinity 4 Capable
120GB SSD - Solid State Drive
2TB SATA III 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, 8ms Hard Drive
24x DVD Writer (read/write CD & DVD)
Memory Card Reader - (Internal 80 in 1)
Integrated 7.1 High Definition 8-channel Audio
High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Microsoft Windows® 8.1 - 64 bit inc. DVD & Licence

Or this one?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I like the second one.
It's more of a machine and will last you longer for new "games" software.
Get tomorrows machine, not todays.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Ok will do that just gotta pay few things off then going to get one.
Do i need a specific monitor for the resolution as my planes look a bit fuzzy. I just purchased Flight One VFR Real Scenery looks great from the air not from the ground is that what its supposed to be like? One more thing there are lots of planes that i can download off here whats the difference between purchasing Payware Planes / Airports and getting downloaded ones do you get more with payware?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

A good monitor is a good monitor, a cheap one is a bad one.

The best are Samsung and Dell Ultribright, both expensive.

Almost all payware is much better that freeware.

Take a look at https://www.simshack.net/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=airports or www.flytampa.com and you'll see what I mean.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Ok cool i will look into those monitors. The videos of fsx Hd realism extreme is that actual gameplay or have the videos been edited to make it look better?

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Sorry forgot to say the videos on youtube of FSX HD is that gameplay with add-ons etc or is it edited and made to look good? Some videos you can hear coughing and babies crying etc

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm sure they are showing off their best look on a top monitor.

To give you an idea, watch this video full screen.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

I dont have any payware add ons as yet but been on flight one website and looked at a few that look good can i use Flight One Audio Environment Airliner Edition along with Audio Environment General Aviation Edition or will one cancel out the other? The airliner edition does the sounds for the 737, 747 etc and the aviation edition does King Air 350, Cessna 172 etc sounds would they work ok together?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Flight One Audio Environment Airliner Edition and Audio Environment General Aviation Edition both look like different software.
I've never used either but as you say, looking at them one is for airliners and the other for GA aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Damian (leggy) Trainee

Does all your simulator look and sound realistic?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As realistic as a computer can sound.
It all depends on the sound file for the aircraft and the sound card and speakers of your computer.
It sounds good on most computers.
I've never loaded a different sound file, I prefer to spend my money on aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Nick (truckernick) Captain

I'm not sure if this is in your price range or not, but the new Nvidia 780 is pretty freakin awesome.