Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

self install question

crosscheck9 Guest

first off, i would like to congradulate the boys who created the howard 500. she's great, but i have one question, how do you get the self installers into the sim. often times, i find a great panel, download it, but then find out that i dont know how to get it into my plane. thank you

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

The file I got "hw5vc4.zip" contains a setup.exe file. Read the readme.txt for info and then execute the setup. If you have a custom install path point to it during the install procedure. Otherwise it wil install to the default C:|Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9

crosscheck9 Guest

i downloaded a file called he330v1, and it had 1 of those self install things. but it didnt give me the option of choosing its path. can you help me

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just double-click the exe icon and follow the wizard, it'll install.

Radar

crosscheck9 Guest

i always do that, but it ends up in the start-programs section. when i double click on it from there, it tells me thank you for downloading this file, then when i say ok, it says, goodbye, to uninstall do ......... when downloading, i dont have the choice of putting it where i want. if you dont know what i mean, just tell me, ill try and put it in a little more detail if you like. thanks for all the help

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There's a window in the install that has the path, make sure it is to ms flight sim 9.

Download it to your desktop.

Radar