SearchSearch 

F9F Panther guages inop

Pro Member Trainee
wilfran Trainee

Thanks Radar Man, I still have not managed to get the F9F Panther instrument panel working. I tried to do as you suggested, but nothing has changed. What's interesting, if you open the Panther downloaded gauges file folder, what appears is the list is of all the A/C and files, in FSX gauges
folder, with no mention of the F9F Panther aircraft. All the other aircraft I have in FSX are there??? 😕

10 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The gauges don't necessarily have to be labeled for each aircraft, he may have used some other panel.
When you have the menu opened, viewing the aircraft picks check the box "show all variations" and see if that helps.
Do you have a link or zip file name for that aircraft, I might be able to look at it and find another.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfran Trainee

Hi Radar Man, thanks again for your reply. I have got the "show all variations" box ticked. I downloaded this A/C from this sight, from panther2.zip relevance: 2.6. I believe the original author was "Vertigo Studios" and when I looked it up on their site, it mentions "3D gauges" so I wonder if this is the problem? Also when in FSX flying the Panther , if you go into views, instrumentation, there is a F4 selection, this changed the panel, but all the gauges are blank. Thanks again W. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It has 2 read-me's.
One is about the panel. check that one out in the download file.
I think the normal panel might work better than the VC..
Do you have SP1 and SP2 patches installed, if not this could be the problem.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfran Trainee

Hi Radar Man, still no luck, but thanks for your input. What is VC? Have you down loaded the A/C without a problem. I have FXS acceleration, all other A/C, including down loads work fine.
Thanks again W.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry, VC= Virtual Cockpit.

Good, The Acceleration pack has SP1 and SP2 built in, the best way to install them.
You have me stumped as to why the gauges are blurred, try another (smaller) screen resolution and try it in Windows format Ctrl+Alt.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfran Trainee

Hi Radar Man, thanks for your efforts, but I'm about to give up on this one, and I've taken up enough of your time. I might try to delete the gauges file that comes with the Panther and insert another aircraft panel that is working. Thanks again W.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Great idea, let us know how that works out.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfran Trainee

Hi Radar Man. Progress!!! I have managed to get the basic flight instruments working i.e. the "six pack" To be honest I'm not sure what I did to achieve it, but I was trying to put other panels and gauges into the F9F files. Think I'll leave well enough alone at this stage. Has anyone else out there, downloaded the F9F from this site, and with what results, as far as the panel and gauges are concerned??
Thanks for your help and interest Radar Man. W.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to hear that you are now pleased with the results.
Happy flights!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
themikewilson Trainee

I have this same problem - will try different packages and see if that works. Also this issue with the panther, cougar and this morning with the A-4. No issues with any other aircraft so don't know what's up.