SearchSearch 

BIG PROBLEM!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Hi. I have a big problem with my flight simulator (2004).

1)Today I took off from Long Beach Municipal (KLGB) Airport right by LAX and I filed an IFR flight plan to Denver (KDEN) in the default Boeing 737. I climbed out to 33,000 ft. While enroute the Los Angeles controller told me to turn to the North, when my flight plan was going east. I cancelled it and opened a new flight plan. It worked better this time. That problem fixed.

2)About 20 minutes later I noticed that when I turned my hat on my joystick I couldn't see the bars on the window or the seat. I still havn't fixed that problem.

3)I was 60 miles out of Dnever and still at 33,000 ft. I couldn't figure out why they hadn't given me clearance to descend. I restarted fs2004 and it worked. Another problem fixed.

4)When I finally landed there weren't lines on the runway or taxiways. That problem I havn't fixed.

5) There weren't any buildings at all! Not even where all the planes were parked. I tried to go into wettings to make sure that the scenery option was full but when I clicked on options, it froze. I had to maually restart my computer. When I went into options again it froze again. And I had to manually restart my computer again! I gave up right there and got on-line.

PLEASE HELP ME!
I think I broke some kind of record with all my problems.

Crying or Very sad

18 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Do you have Window's Blinds?

Also, do you have any add on software for FS9, if so, list ALL of it here, payware or freeware, that you can remember adding recently

Pro Member Chief Captain

Nothing. I han't done anyting.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't know what to tell you bud. Sorry.

I'd say re-install, but that's coming from the guy who re-formatted his PC because he wasn't happy with windows service pack 2, and he did it again when he had undetecable spyware

Pro Member Chief Captain

Do you think I may have a computer virus?

Pro Member Chief Captain

It's a possibility, but i wouldn't think that it would screw with flight sim...I'd just run a scan to be safe.

Also, have you defragged/ran scandisk lately? It's good to do that like once a week or so

Pro Member Chief Captain

do you know where I could get a free scan.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You could download AVG, its free and it is good.

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Pro Member Chief Captain

www.pcpitstop.com has a analyzing tool on the site.

Again, as I pile the work load on Radarman, he'll know where to go to find a free virus scan program

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use www.pcpitstop.com like FEM suggested and you can get an excellent virus scan at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ .

I would do the scandisk and defrag as suggested. Run Ad-Aware also, dump your cookies, cache and history before you do.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

It said my computer was alright.

What else do you think could be the problem with my flight simulator?

I would loose all my saved flights if I re-installed it, right?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You ran all three in 7 minutes and scandisk-defrag, I would say reinstall the sim.
If you can reinstall windows first that would be an extra bonus, nice and clean start.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

You know. My whole computer is wako. I have windows XP and I can't even log-off my account. Other times it freezes while I am trying to restart it. What do you suggest?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Back up what you want to keep and do a complete clean reinstall of windows.
Make sure you have a firewall and anti-virus up before you connect to the net.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

My friend's dad knows ALOT about computers, I'll talk to him and my dad and see if he could come over and do something with the computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Now that sounds like a good plan.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Wilco

Pro Member Chief Captain

Never mind. I just fixed it! I dont't know how but all of a sudden every thing seems to be working better! The flight simulator has buildings once again! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Good news!
Keep windows in good shape by giving it a little servicing once a week.

Radar