Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

one download i would really appreciate

crosscheck9 Guest

can any1 help me find a download for an a340 or 777-300 panel that
"HAS THE GUAGE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SEE THE FRONT WHEEL FOR TAXIING"
Thanks, I've been looking forever, but I still cant find it. I would really appreciate any help

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I don't have the answer, but I am curious: Do you want it because the wheel will turn a full 90 degrees and skid you to a stop, or is that just my problem?

crosscheck9 Guest

not really. i dont know what exactly you mean, but just to reassure you, i have no problems with turning in the a340. If you mean that it stops you from turning in pushback after 90 degrees, then yes that does happen to me. BTW>>>I just want it for realism, and to try it out. I think it could really help me in taxiing that big giant.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I have the hardest time making that last turn to line up with the runway for takeoff in the 777. I know in real life they sometimes turn when the nose is at the far edge of the runway, practically on the grass to whip the nose around into place, but I always get it stuck about half way through the turn. Any tips?

crosscheck9 Guest

i read in the lessons that when you get on the runway, wait till you feel like your on the grass, and then make a hard turn in the direction of the runway. that should put you in the right position, more or less

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

If you get stuck because you don't have enough power on such a big turn, then use autopilot, I'm sure this isn't orthodox, but hey, it works for me. Set the speed on AP to 16-17 KIAS, and then the autothrottle will increase as speed decreases on a big turn Very Happy