SearchSearch 

Lukla Mission won't remove completely

Pro Member Trainee
Finn69 Trainee

Lukla Mission won't remove completely. When I use shift-F10, and when I exit "Free Flight", FSX thinks I'm still in the Lukla mission?! I can fly an original mission with no problems, but "Free Flight" is fubar.. Any ideas? I have sent an email to the address in the mission text, but no response since I sent it a month ago. TIA!! 😕

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you are finished with it go into your log file (separated from the main file depending on your OS) and delete that particular log.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Finn69 Trainee

I have looked for a log file but cannot find one. Can you be more specific as to what to look for i.e. *.log? I am using Win 10. TIA!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

a. Click Start.

b. Click My Documents or Documents.

c. Double-click the Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files folder to open it.

d. Right-click the Logbook.bin file, and then click Rename.

e. Rename the file to Logbook.OLD, and then press ENTER.

f. Start Flight Simulator X to create a new Logbook file.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Finn69 Trainee

UGH! This didn't work. When I hit shift f10 it's still showing the Lukla Mission notes, and when I try to End Flight from free flight, it still shows "End Mission" rather than End Flight. Any other ideas?? TIA

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Move the logs to your desktop, there should be two now.
The old and the new one created by this last flight.
Then try a flight, why press F10.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Finn69 Trainee

Well dang, that didn't work either. I note the shift-F10 because while in free flight that should bring up a window with checklists etc for that airplane. Instead, I get the Lukla Mission info. Thanks for trying to help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I never used any of the missions, maybe someone will come along that has.

Radar