Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FLYCANADA Launches Jan. 8/06

Pro Member Trainee
FlyCanada Admin. (flycanada) Trainee

Hello!

The FlyCanada Virtual Airline Network is Canada's latest Virtual Aviation Experience! The network will bring together all of Canada's airlines, including Cargo carriers (such as AC Cargo), Seasonal airlines (such as Skyservice) and even small charter airlines (such as Central Mountain Air.) The pilot is able to fly for any Canadian Airline we offer!

FlyCanada takes the realism to the max. Featuring state-of-the-art fleet, with photo realistic panels, sounds and effects. The network offers an innovative and easy to install method. (Yes, this means NO confusing Zip files!)

If this is not enough, FlyCanada uses an Active Salary method. This means that pilots will have a financial balance, they are free to spend their virtual dollars on various things offered on the FCN site and affiliate companies!

FlyCanada's number 1 partner, "Virtual Ground School (VGS)" will be certifying every pilot that comes into our operations! Let the friendly staff at VGS teach you what it takes to be a pilot! Have fun learning, and increase your salary by being certified.

The network will launch officially on January 8, 2006 We will be celebrating the grand opening all of that week, the first 50 pilots to join our operations will be given a generous salary boost along with special certification recognized by the FCN Network and all affiliate companies. Come join us on the week of January 8, 2006! FCN accepts hour transfers from any recognized Canadian Virtual Airline or any Partner Airlines.

We are still looking for staff memeber to join us! if you are interested in a position with the network, please DO NOT reply to this post, but rather Email the Executive President at executive@flycanada.org and request a personal interview! We would be thrilled to have YOU on our team.

Keeping you informed!

Nick Turnbull
Executive President
executive@flycanada.org
FlyCanada Virtual Airline Network

Last edited by FlyCanada Admin. (flycanada) on Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee

bump Very Happy

Sorry, I have to say this. One, please re-read your message before posting and correct your spelling. Second, "We will not pick a canadian over another ratial group (you mean racial?). In the eyes of FCN, you all are equal"

Thanks but you may not realise this, but this is a prejudiced comment. Here is why. The idea of race cannot be justfied only by racists themselves. Anthropology has shown and proved that there is only one race: the human race. After that you can speak of ethics or cultures but not of races. I can see that you may have just used the wrong word in your post. But I wonder what you mean by canadians versus the other races. But you mean what, canadians, like WASPs? Which is a wrong concept since many coloured citizens are canadian and have been for a longer time you may have been born yourslef. Canada is multi cultural country based on immigration. So Canadians are sometimes are black or asian and immigrants sometimes white! Like me! Also, jewish is not a race, it's a culture or a religion. And you can be hindu and canadian. So really I don't understand what you meant and I think this is a very inapropriate comment that you should edit and delete. Be careful with those concepts. You may have wanted to show you are an open minded person but the words and sentence you chose shows you don't understand and you may just be considered the opposite of what you wanted to be taken for.

Eric.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

What is your problem? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...sheesh!

You're right, it's not a big deal at all overall. Since I believe the writer wrote this not really knowing what he was saying. More out of ignorance rather than pure hatred or prejudice. Totally agree.

Nevertheless, it's very serious for the people it affects. If you have never suffered from prejudice or never cared about peopel that have, you don't know what that feels to read a comment like this. Even if it is with good intentions, as it was.

At worst he will learn that "Canadian" vs "another race" doesn't make any sense and that the concept of race only was created to establish untrue differences between humans to allow one particular group to be said stronger or more intelligent than another; and for that my reaction is justified.

Eric.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I suspect what he meant to say is that is that Canadians would not be shown preferential treatment over other "nationalities". If that is the case, I can understand it. He was saying that while it was a Canadian airline by name, it was not necessary to be Canadian to join.

Have you considered thast Canada is a bi-lingual country and that English may not be his primary language?

Hi, I am Canadian, I also have French citizenship, I speak fluently 4 languages. And so you know, racisme is the french word for racsim. Not a lot of difference.

No I haven't considered anything but to correct an error.
Your suspicion is right though, I agree. He meant canadians vs non Canadians, I had that from the start. Nevertheless my comment was not about what he meant; it's about what he said and how he said what he meant with the words he chose.

If he had meant what he said, the whay he said it, I would have modified my words to match the circumstance! Maybe a few stronger phrases! And so this was a light reaction for a light event. The important thing is to react: for the author, to educate, for the readers to say that's is not acceptable, for the bad readers to say, some are watching and you can't and we won't let you say such things wether you mean it or not. Such a reaction serves many purpouses.

Again not a big deal, now case closed.

Eric.

Pro Member Trainee

Hello,

I, on behalf of FlyCanada apologize personally to you, Mr. Eric and the rest of the forum community. The message posted on this forum is an out dated template that was removed several months ago due to it's confusing and inexplicit meaning. Let me reassure you that FlyCanada did not intend to offend or insult any one in particluar.

Once again in behalf of the Network, my sincerest apologies for this misunderstanding.

Sincerely,
Nick Turnbull
Executive President
FlyCanada VA Network.

Thanks for you correction and for your kind words. I wasn't personnaly offended. I was offended for all of us, if that makes any sense.

Online for Vatsim, I am a supervisor as well as CZEG chief for VATCAN and a VATCAN Staff. In real life I fly a Citation II for Sunwest in Calgary.

I welcome flycanada and rest assured I will visit your site and familiarize myself with your network once it's up and running.

I wish you good success and good luck and thank you again.

Kind regards,

Eric.

tomax77 Guest

Hey Eric

Did you fix FS9 Calgary's layout? I'm still trying to learn how to edit the program so the Calgary Tower is included and so on. Also want to place my house in the NW/Scenic Acres.

I got the Canada road map addition, so I can actually see the street I live on...neat!

cheers
tom

Anonymous wrote:

Online for Vatsim, I am a supervisor as well as CZEG chief for VATCAN and a VATCAN Staff. In real life I fly a Citation II for Sunwest in Calgary.

Eric.

Hey TOM sorry I haven't seen your message for the longest time.

No I don't touch sceneray programming. Sorry can't help.

Cheers.

Eric.