Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Graphics card, what is the best

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Allright!!! All you's!!!

I want to get a 256 graphica card. I have a Nvidia 128. It is ok, but I am wondering,,,
Is the Radeon 9800 256 better than the Nvidia 256?

I dont want a card where there are a lot of stupid conflicts and I will have to alter my hardware,, reinstall and all that crap!!!

So!! Whats the good word over!?? 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Looking at a site RadarMan suggested, the Radeon is better. All of the Nvidia's are at the bottom of the list 😞 (Ihave a Nvidia and it isn't great), so if I did upgrade it would be to a Radeon 6800 PRO (I think 😕 )

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Alienware and Falcon Northwest, two of the biggest names in gaming computers, use nVidia GeForce graphic cards in their top end gaming rigs. That tells me something...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's hard to judge, as Michlin said the top computer makers are using NVIDIA but I understand (could be wrong) the new X-Box will change from NVIDIA to ATI.
I guess it's whoever works the better deal with the big customer.

Here is the Tomshardware chart again.

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-10.html

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I'd recommend HIGHLY that you go with ATI. While a tad unstable, their cards seem to be faster and more powerful. Then again, I've got the X800XT PE, I'd recommend it, but it's god-awful expensive *still*. Go for the 9800XT 256

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Thanks all of you for the info!!!!! Right RadarMan, I heard the same thing. Don't know why. Ok then. I can get a Radeon for 130$. The 9800 256. I will give it a try.

The Nvidea geforce I have has not given me any trouble. But I dont know the difference between the 2 . So, I will try the Radeon.

Thanks all!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Thanks bud!!! WAYYYYyyyyy helpful. Punk