Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Brand Newby. Cannot seem to make FSX Work

Pro Member Trainee
redram Trainee

I'm brand new to all of this. I can't seem to make the software work on my Windows 7 device.

I purchased the MS FSX manual, then followed its instructions on Page 7, and went to www.wiley.com. That was a dead end. Finally Googled this website, and following more instruction from the manual, downloaded (I think) the Piper J3 Cub. I see files indicated, including the "Go To Fly Away", but I keep getting looped back to this page.

Can someone help a greenie out?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Is this what you want.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/4628/fsx-piper-j-3-cub/

If you can't download it then log-out and try.
I can't download it without logging-out either.

Hope this is what you asked.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
redram Trainee

This is crazy! Where is the sim? I just keep getting kicked back to the home page.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

OK, what Sim are you talking about, FSX is a Sim.

Explain carefully what you are doing, with links if possible.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
redram Trainee

I clicked on the link you had provided. I followed your advice and logged out before I then clicked on the download link. It gave me the option for the free, or for the PRO download. I attempted the PRO download, but I was notified my user name was already in use. So I clicked on the free download.

I have several copies, now of a zip file called Piper 17, from my several attempts, as well as well as the internet shortcut type of file entitled "Go to Fly Away Simulation". At this point I seem to be looped back to the beginning.

After trying different things with www.wiley.com, I was able to download a folder that has a ton of PDFs, as well as two excel documents. I don't understand yet what it takes to bring up the sim.

What am I missing?

Thank you, in advance.

Pro Member Trainee
redram Trainee

BTW, I have read other posts about an activation code. I have not been prompted for this, as far as I can see.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Is FSX loaded on your computer.
Did it come on disks or did you download it from a site on the net.
If so, is it ready to fly and have you flown any of the aircraft that came with it (default aircraft).

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
redram Trainee

"Is FSX loaded on your computer. "

I don't really know. As I have said, I have "some" files, but nothing that indicates I have the actual sim. I have among them an internet shortcut, "Go To Fly Away Simulation", but that's not a sim. It's just the home page, once again. How can I tell if FSX is loaded?

"Did it come on disks or did you download it from a site on the net. "

Some files from Fly Away and some from www.wiley.com. I have the Microsoft FSX manual.

If so, is it ready to fly and have you flown any of the aircraft that came with it (default aircraft).

That's the essence of why I'm here. Nothing is working. I wouldn't even know what the default aircraft is. Following the recommendation in the FSX manual, I THINK I downloaded the Piper J-3 Cub. I see some folder for the Cub, but any attempt to activate it just brings me back to this website. How do I actually download FSX?[/b]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

From what you say you don't have FSX on your machine.
You have to buy a copy, ebay, Amazon, or get Steam and buy from them or us
https://www.simshack.net/products/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-edition-74
Steam is a little different than what most of us have.

If you buy the disks, buy FSX Gold.
It contains the original Sim (Deluxe) plus the Acceleration Pack and it has all the patches built in.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
redram Trainee

Thank you. The link you provided doesn't work.

I am paying $5.00 per month to this website. I thought that part of that fee was to allow me to access the desired software. Or is that strictly for downloading additional aircraft to the base software?

It's somewhat disappointing that the FSX manual seems to be misleading regarding downloads. How do I purchase the software from you? If stream is different than what most of you have, I take that to indicate the disks are preferable. If so, I will try Amazon or ebay.

Thank you, again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'll try again.

https://www.simshack.net/products/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-edition-74
Sorry

This site allows you to download any add-ons that we have.
Aircraft, scenery, utilities etc.

As far as the manuals you bought, I can't speak to that since I've never been there before.

Yes, I use the original disks, I guess ebay would be your best bet for them.
I paid (10 years ago?) $60-$70 and $30 for the Acceleration pack later on.

radar:

Pro Member Trainee
redram Trainee

Thank you very much for all of your help.