Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Cannot Select City in Pennsylvania

beroun
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:02 pm 

Hi,
Came across mystery and hope that someone might have a solution.
When I am selecting a location for my FS2004 flight, first select United States then the State/Province lets say Arizona, I get a list of all AZ towns in drop down. Fore some unknown reason when I select Pennsylvania the list of Arizona towns stays in the dropdown and the PA towns do not show up. I can go back to lets say New York and all NY towns show, than back to Pennsylvania and the NY towns stay in the drop down. In brief The Pennsylvania towns never show up?
I am proficient with AFCAD and ADE and there I can see all the airport lists OK, the Pennsylvania list of cities shows in both OK, so do not see any irregularity there. Must say that I got lot of add-on airports installed but only few in PA?
Any idea how I could trace this problem would be appreciated. PS I can always go to the PA city by entering the location KPHL for example, but never through the dropdown in the location selection. Philadelphia or other PA towns never show there never shows there.
Thanks
Peter
[/img]
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:32 pm 

You could drop the disk #1 in and choose repair.
See if that helps.

Radar

beroun
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:42 pm 

Many thanks,
will give it a go but I still think that some of my add-ons is causing this. So will experiment first by looking, disabling these. In either case will let you know how I made out. PS this is no obstacle in my selection, as mentioned, I can select the PA city by entering the airport code. It is just bit of an imperfection and curiosity to get to the bottom of this.
Best regards,
Peter
beroun
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:34 pm 

To follow up on this problem, have removed and deactivated ALL my Pennsylvania ADDONs and the issue is still there. Selecting Pennsylvania in the city selection drop down keeps the previous state selection. I am still hesitant to do the repair with disc one as suggested by Radar Man, so will keep racking my brains to see what is causing this. Also I copied from my back-up disc all Scenery/Name/Scenery default airports which I saved after the plain FS9 creation. No help there either. Would be rewarding to see what is causing this. Hope I will find out, in the meantime any additional views are appreciated.
Cheers
beroun
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:54 pm 

I actually fixed the problem. Know what is causing it but do not know why.
When I deleted all my Addon Scenery/Scenery bgl files the problem disappeared, so one of the bgls there was causing it. I spent most of the Sunday deleting files from the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder and restarting FS to find out which file or files are causing this (did it in groups off course).
And bingo. After I deleted AF2_BR02 and AF2_BR05 bgls the Philadelphia cities opened beautifully. So these were the two files causing it. Even if only either one is installed in Addon Scenery/Scenery folder by it self. I looked further, where I got these files and it came with MAIW Italian AMX package as two required Waypoints. Not to blame MAIW, they are great!
When I open these files in ADE or AFCAD, interestingly the Airport Properties in all: Country, State/Province and City are PERA, so bit of an association there PERA/Pennsylvania? Perhaps that was causing it?
Again, many thanks for your feed back.
Cheers
Peter
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:38 pm 

Glad you solved the problem.
It was quite a bit of work but well worth it in the end.

Radar