F35 is installed and in "select aircraft" but shut

Pro Member Trainee
Theofly Trainee

So as far as I can gather I have put the correct extracted folders into their respective folders in FSX and the F35 that I downloaded from Fly Away is in the "select menu" in FSX but when I select it, FSX shuts down completely.

Any help please

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

For some reason, either the aircraft itself or the way you loaded it it doesn't seem compatible with the FSX software.
I would delete all parts of it and find another.

Don't use the same designer and make sure FSX works before adding anything.

Here is a list of F35's that we have.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/search/?q=fsx+f35&cat=

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Theofly Trainee

Ok thanks for replying.

The F35 I downloaded was the first one on the link you sent me (file "f35v210.zip"). It would be nice if it came with an installer because while I think I've put the files in the right place I'm not sure coz I've never done this before. Also there was a "screenshots" folder in the downlaod package. Am I supposed to put that anywhere in FSX?

I will try downloading another plane also.

Thanks again

Pro Member Trainee
Theofly Trainee

Hi

I downloaded another plane and it worked so the F35 must have been incompatible somehow

thanks again

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to hear that it was a bad "fit" and all is well.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...