Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

AFCAD airport recognition

Ivor Salter

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:02 am 

afcad FILES I have been flying around Cronation Island and South Georgia neither of which have conventional airports. Although I have installed a few MABS and a BSG flying from place to place without being able to make a flight plan. If I could instal an airport even if it is only a virtual airport at various locations I could then use a flight plan.

So where could i find the information to create a virtual airport.
Regards
Oldsalt
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:14 am 

Old Salt

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:29 am 

Thankyou very much RadarMan for your help. I was able using the ADE to construct a virtual airport at the desired location and therefore use the autopilot to fly to and from that location. Very usefull if you want to find a MAB in the middle of the Atlantic. I did have to put the scenery file inside another file in Add On for it to be seen by FSX so you could call that file say Atlantic and add as many virtual airports as you want. But again a Very Big well done for your prompt and accurate reply. Thanks Old Salt.
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:29 pm 

I'm happy that it worked out well for you.
Your reply is appreciated, now others know what to do.

Radar