SearchSearch 

Downloading Freeware Active Camera?

Pro Member First Officer
Vin4evr First Officer

does anyone know Wher i can get a freeware active camera?

21 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I think you can only get the demo download free, but you can only use it at Seattle Tacoma Intl. I'll try and find the demo download for you. 😀

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Jolegg,

What are main features of Active Camera ? Dave C sent me it on disk but I need to but a Key to use it.

Before I do, just wondering what it gives you, and whether you'd recommend it ?

Cheers fella,

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

GPS kid, you should download the demo off the website. http://www.anticyclone.be/preset.htm

It's fully functional in a 50 mile radius around KSEA. It's certainly worth exploring. I've enjoyed being able to explore the virtual cabins in all the payware aircraft I have, walking around the outside of the plane to take a good look at it, and to get to visually track AI aircraft and terrain with a simple click of the mouse. There are also nice features like visual turbulance during takeoff and landing. When in VC mode, you can watch your view bounce and shake as though you really were experiencing bumps on the runway.

I really do like the full customization of it too! Every thing from head bounce, to running speed, camera views, anything are fully customizable in the options menu.

So what is my verdict? I think it's an awesome program that is very much worth the demo! However, I don't think i'm sold on the $15 yet. I know many people use and love the program, but I don't think it is worth the pricetag for my purposes.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't actually have Active Camera full version, but I messed around with it on the demo. Its all the same, except you can't use it ousite of Seatlle.

It allows you to view the aircraft from any angle outside of the aircraft. This is especially useful for taking photos of the aircraft to submit. This is useful because the standard views are a bit awkward for taking good shots and they are quite restrictive.
I believe you can also wander around the inside of the aircraft as well as wander around the outside of the aircraft, which is quite cool 😎

Active Camera basically kills the restrictions of default views, i.e. being able to move the view on the outside and walk around the aircraft.

I would recommend it if you do like taking photos or would like to see the airplane closer and from various views. I am thinking of buying it myself, as I do enjoy taking photos for my OS background (sad I know), but still.

Pro Member First Officer
Vin4evr First Officer

yes, sir !

Last edited by Vin4evr on Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total
Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Vin4evr, that is illeagal!

Anyone who supplies a product key for you so that you dont have to buy it is breaking the law...and you are too by asking for it.

Pro Member First Officer
Vin4evr First Officer

Yes Sir ! Don't want to break any law sir !

Last edited by Vin4evr on Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

F1View Utility is free and similar to Active Camera.

http://atr.flight1.net/atr_downloads.asp

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

I tried the demo version but for some reason when I try to see my plane from above and from the side the thing goes in a loop (side to above.. above to side....) Embarassed
I hope u understand what I am trying to say (if not RadarMan will) 😂

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

RadarMan has come up trumps again there ......... Just downloaded "F1Help" and it is great !

Totally free and I have just (for the first time) walked right through the passenger cabin of the 737NG all the way to the rear galley and walked into the Toilet - there was even Toilet roll in there !

No need to buy Active Camera when this is free and so easy to use - but it diesn't give you "fly by" that you get with A/Camera.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Yes ❗ ❗ You have done it again Radarman with the tip off for F1View. I fully agree with the GPS Kid.
I have a paid for version of Active Camera and the 40 odd page manual which takes about an hour to read and digest. I downloaded F1View with it's couple of sheets of instruction and produced a reasonable s/shot in 5 minutes. OK - it doesn't do as much as A Camera (no video) but it is very easy to use once you have got the few key strokes/centre mouse wheel manipulation sussed - it is a Godsend for repainting viewing and it is free!!! I am working on the 'fly past' element. The author is to be congratulated on the program's simplicity and efficiency, as I have done on the ATR site
Here it is -

Pro Member Captain

More s/shots using F1View = simplicity itself!!!

Try and do this with a Boeing 727 😂

Hey can someone help me pleez?!?! How do you use the download of the camera? F1??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hey can someone help me pleez?!?! How do you use the download of the camera? F1??

You may have a bad download, try again. There should be directions included.
Let us know if you still have problems.

Radar

hey it's me again.. i re downloaded the camera, but i can't find the directions. Where is the FS Directory located at?

Pro Member Captain

Hi anonymous,
When you have unzipped the zip file that you downloaded you should have 2 files in a folder named 'F1View' as follows.
1. F1ViewSetUp.exe and
2. Instructions.htm
Double click on 2. and that will give you an html version of the install details and operating instructions. Print it out for later reference (2 pages)
Double click on 1. and that will install the F1_View.dll file in the FS9/Modules folder.
You require a mouse with a centre wheel to us F1View.
Not quite sure what you mean by 'where is the FS9 directory' - if you have been playing the Flight Sim for any length of time you should know that it is in Program Files/Microsoft Games folder.
Hope this helps

o my gosh... I feel so stupid!! Embarassed !! I was downloading another version that wasnt' F1!! well thank you very much n e way 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

LOL!! Don't worry, it can happen to the best of people 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Can you get wing views with the F1 Utility?

gazpode_l Guest

Radarman has made a great discovery there true. But one question though.

I am finding it takes a lot of mouswheel scrolling to get my virtual cockpit viewpoint to the position where I would normally sit on an aircraft. Is there any ways that I can speed this up?

also somebody mentioned they'd got rumble working where the camera shakes as you go down the bumpy runways, my version isn't doing this!

Help!

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

The only problem with Active Camera is that if you get a new PC you will need to send them a 32 digit no. so they can give you a new key again. 😞