SearchSearch 

Help the KID with individual sound volumes?

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi,

Is it possible to adjust the Volume of individual sounds within Aircraft in FS ?

The new version of the PMDG 737NG has a new “trim wheel” sound which although being realistic in sound is ridiculously too loud !

I have located the Sound file within the PMDG folder in FS9 but don’t know how to lower it’s volume… Is there another file somewhere that controls Volumes of sounds as it plays them ?

Any help would be LOUDLY appreciated !

7 Responses

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

How are the 800/900 models? Is it really worth investing more money in the PMDG737 series?

You should check in the PMDG menu in the toolbar. I know for the original 600/700 series there were a few option that let you adjust individual features of the sound. I turned off the cockpit battery sounds pretty quickly. Having a constant clicking while you're tying to set up a flight can get kind of irritating.

If you find another way to solve this you should let me know. I've always wanted to fix the Dash-8's sound file. The engine sound is actually LOUDER inside the plane than from outside, and this is on the Q model!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😞 I dont think you can alter indivdual sounds

You could try altering the volume of the actual sound file(back it up 1st)
I use a freeware prog for a lot of sound editing called "audacity" ➡

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

For a freeby it cannot be faulted and is very easy to use

If you have the older version of Nero,the wav editor in that sould work

Hope it helps

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I'd say open the sound file with some type of sound editer and lower the volume there...backup the file first though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

I'd say open the sound file with some type of sound editer and lower the volume there...backup the file first though.

I just said that 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Oh yeah, well....YOU are a festizio...see, I can make up words too! HA

😛

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Cheers, I do have Nero so will give that a try.... actually I'm embarrased I never thought of just exporting the WAV into something and re-9saving it with a lower constituent volume.... considering I'm a part time Mastering Engineer ! Hey I could have some fun here - importing the file into REASON and adding some Aircraft backing music to the files!

Thanks for the inspiration !

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Oh yeah, well....YOU are a festizio...see, I can make up words too! HA

😛

"festizio" Ermm...Dont Know