Problems downloading software

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

I use Windows 7. I have been having issues recently with my system after Microsoft automatically installed what they called critical updates. Now I can no longer download software on to my computer. I keep getting a weird message - The system cannot find the file specified. I was using win zip. I am trying to trouble shoot to locate the issue. Is there any other software besides win zip I can try out? Thanks for your assistance.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try another browser and see if that helps.

Windows has a built in "Zip" so don't worry about Win-Zip.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

I'm sorry...I should have been more specific. I get that crazy message every time I attempt to open and install downloaded software using winzip.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don't use it.
Right click and se if there is an option using Windows Zip.
I don't have WinZip so I can't try it for you.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

WInzip appears to be the only option... are there any other alternatives besides winzip that I can try to download?

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

The system isn't allowing me to install/ run/ download anything. I keep getting a "The System Cannot Find The File Specified" message whenever I press "run" or "install" etc. for software I've downloaded online.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you delete WinZip then you can use Windows (Zip).
It's built in so there is nothing to download.
I use it and find it as good as WinZip or better.

This will clean out all the hidden folders.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

sorry for the late reply...I am still working on the situation. It is still not cleared up.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...