Flat Panel Monitor?

Pro Member Trainee
Jingra Trainee

❓ Just wondering...has anyone tried FS2k4 using a flat panel type monitor? Thinking about getting the Dell 1800FP flat panel ultra sharp monitor, but if I should stay with CRT, then it would be good to know in advance. Thanks!

Jeff

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
MadmanCLC Guest

I tried that approach, not with msf but with another flight sim and I had a lot of "ghosting" problems, So unless you want to spend a small fortune and go with a high end Sony (wich is-so far the best I've seen and read about) I would stay with the crt.. Don't have to worry about a refresh rate with the crt's.. I know I'm a month late but hope this helps. 🙂

Uncmarts Guest

I am using a 17" Dell Ultra sharp and I find it to more than acceptable. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
burraroo Trainee

I'm flying fs2K4 with a Sony 17" LCD monitor and no ghosting probs to speak of, I'm more than happy with it. Not sure how it goes with those 3D glasses though.
Hope this helps

Pro Member Trainee
Phoenix57 Trainee

I currently have FS2002, Fs2004,CFS2 and CFS3 loaded on my system and have a 15 inch LCD monitor from Gateway model number FPD1510 and have excellant results. You just need to make sure your frame rates are adjusted properly and have processor speed. When i sim I shut down all programs and run flight sim along with yoke control, rudder pedals, Voice buddy co-pilot and tracker2 and all works well.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...