Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Also working in Prepar3D V4?

Pro Member Trainee
Piet de Geus (degeus) Trainee

Hello,
In many of the FlyAway announcements one can see that P3D support is there. However and unfortunately as I discovered, most of these aircraft will not work in V4.
I would ask if it is possible tot state for which versions of Prepar3D this add-on is suitable.
with kind regards,
Piet de Geus

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good idea, thanks for pointing it out.
We will look into it.

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Thank you for your message and for expressing your frustration. This is a known issue.

Prepar3D version 4 was compiled as a 64-bit application which made lots of older FSX add-ons incompatible with the new 64-bit system. More specifically, gauges and other modules which were compiled as 32-bit.

We have noted your points and I can confirm we are already working on marking add-ons as P3Dv4 compatible.

All new add-ons will be marked P3Dv4 compatible if they are - for example here:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24690/fsx-freemeshx-global-terrain-mesh-scenery-20/

... notice the compatibility:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D) including v4

... while all of the rest only show:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)

We are working through everything but compatibility testing takes time. However, as I said, for all new add-ons listed in the library we will mark them as P3Dv4 compatible if they are.

Thank you for your comment - we appreciate any feedback we get.

We hope you enjoy the site!

Pro Member Trainee
Piet de Geus (degeus) Trainee

Thanks for the explanation. The problem as such was not directly related to scenery as practically all FSX -scenery works fine in Prepar3D V4, inclusive the example you gave, I have it working .
The problem is more related to aircraft, hardly any of the aircraft you made available recently works in P3D V4, so your challenge is in this area. As I can see many of them were FS9 aircraft, more or less upgraded to FSX, here is work to do.
with kind regards,
Piet de Geus

Pájaro Loco Guest

When it comes to downloads for the P3D simulator, the page must indicate which of its versions the file is compatible with, since this simulator is demanding and inadequate files make it unstable, as for example the download of the FSX Dornier Do328 JET, from the page https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3751/fsx-dornier-do328-jet/get/

Undoubtedly, page administrators have a duty to specify or require that you specify with which version of P3D, are compatible files that are uploaded. The news that they are already taking action on the matter is good, hopefully this will not take too long.

Thank you

But how many aircraft for P3D4, are there available to users at this time ? I ask because you search and you search and you don't find anything

Álvaro