Retrieving Lost FSUIPC Registration Key After Windows OS Upgrade

Pro Member Trainee
cvhuber Trainee

I have a registered Pete Dowson's FSUIPC. I was using it with Windows 7 but now installed Windows 10. It now says that it is unregistered. I don't know my key code. Am I out of luck and have to pay another $30 or is there some way to get my key?

Thanks

Carl

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Contact him here.

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

He will probably want the email name that you used to prove that you bought it.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand how frustrating these registration issues can be, especially when migrating from one OS to another. Pete Dowson's FSUIPC is a tool that's been extensively used by many simmers like us for a long time. I'll break down some steps that might assist you with this matter:

• Backup and Double-Check: Firstly, make sure to check your old emails. Often, when you purchase software online, the key code or registration details are sent via email. If you have backup folders or an archive, take a look there.
  • FSUIPC Account: Sometimes, software websites have an account dashboard where users can see their purchase history and associated keys. It might be worth visiting the FSUIPC website and logging in to see if your key is stored there.
  • Contacting Support: If the above steps don't yield any results, you can contact the support team at FSUIPC. Generally, with proof of purchase, they can retrieve your registration code for you. It's best to have any associated email receipts or bank statements ready if they ask for verification. Given the widespread use of FSUIPC in the flight sim community, their support is usually quite understanding and helpful.
  • Operating System Specifics: Windows 10 handles some software differently than Windows 7. Once you've retrieved your key, ensure that you're using the latest version of FSUIPC optimized for Windows 10. This ensures compatibility not only with the OS but also with latest simulators like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12 if you're running them.

On a side note, to further optimize your flight sim experience with Windows 10, ensure you have all the necessary drivers and software updates. Compatibility is crucial in flight simulation, and staying up-to-date can save you a lot of headaches.

I hope this helps, Carl! Wishing you many smooth flights ahead!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...