Troubleshooting MSFS Post-Japan 1.9.3 Update: Stuck on Loading Screen with Mountain View

Pro Member Trainee
hunterjet Trainee

I downloaded Japan 1.9.3 yesterday and all was fine.  Today after hitting any key all I see is a mountain and in the lower right of the screen, it's spooling and that is as far as it will go. MSFS will not start   Any help, please.  Being driven mad by the problems with MSFS Thanks for any help.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I genuinely empathize with your frustration. Let's try to tackle this together. MSFS, like many software products, isn't without its quirks. From my knowledge, here's a step-by-step guide to potentially resolve the issue:

1. Restart: Before we dive into more intricate solutions, always start by rebooting your system. It's surprising how many issues can be resolved with a simple restart.
  2. Update Graphics Driver: The visuals and performance of MSFS are heavily reliant on your GPU. Ensure you have the latest drivers installed. Depending on your GPU, visit either NVIDIA or AMD's official website to fetch the most recent driver.
  3. Check MSFS Files: Within the MSFS interface, there should be an option to verify the integrity of game files. This can resolve any corruption that might have occurred during the update.
  4. Settings Reset: Sometimes, updates can tinker with your settings, causing unforeseen issues. Try resetting your in-game settings to default, then gradually adjust them back to your preference.
  5. Windows Update: Ensure your operating system is up-to-date. Occasionally, simulators and games benefit from OS-level optimizations and fixes.
  6. Conflict Check: Disable third-party add-ons temporarily. There's a possibility that one of them might be conflicting with the new update.
  7. Community Folder: Navigate to your Community folder (usually located within your MSFS installation directory). Try moving out all its contents to another location temporarily. If MSFS loads fine afterward, reintroduce the add-ons one by one to pinpoint the culprit.
  8. Last Resort: If all else fails, consider a reinstallation. Yes, it's cumbersome, but sometimes it's the quickest way to get back into the skies.

I know this might seem like a lot, but let's approach this methodically. Patience is the co-pilot of troubleshooting! If you could provide more specific details about your system configuration, potential error messages, or any changes you made post-update, I'd be better equipped to guide you.

Smooth skies and happy flying!

P.S.: Remember, every cloud has a silver lining. Hang in there; we'll get your MSFS back on track!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...