Landing Thrust Power?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Do you land with full power? What I mean is do you land with the throttle pushed all the way up or down or somewhere in between?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I apply just enough power to maintain glide speed, then cut it at the apron.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

No, you should not land with full throttle, if you have flaps at 40 or 30 degrees, then the VSI will shoot up and you will glide the length of the runway 😞 (Not good). The power should be quite low, around 30-50% N1 and then cut the power just before touchdown, but not too early, or you will have a heavy landing and bounce back up 😕 .

Hope that helps 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I'd like to add one more thing. If you land with the throttles at full power you will not be able to apply the reverse thrust. Reverse thrust only works when the throttles are all the way down, meaning that you don't apply power. If you do this, you will be able to apply revese thrust.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

You land at whatever the "Cutoff" Throttle setting is for the aircraft you're flying. Simply put, hit F1 at 50 feet and flare to land.

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

Your throttle setting should be no higher than needed for short final profile i.e. flaps, speed over the fence. In my case N1 is 50-56. That will generally support 150 kts, 30 deg flaps in the 737 descending at 650-700 fpm.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You have just enough speed ot maintain the glide speed for the approach and then when you are a few feet off of the runway you pull it all the way back and then you flare for your landing. Good luck!

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

If you want a GREAT example of flaring try landing the F16 (I have the Lago one and it is fantastic). It is procedure to land with the speed brakes open and consequently you do have to land with a good degree of open throttle! When you are just about to touch down you close the throttle - it says you should also try to hold the nose in the air for as long as possible once on the ground to help it slow down.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

This made me think of carrier landings. Applying full power after landing.

Pro Member Trainee
boomshiko Trainee

😂 Just don't fly faster than your angels can!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...