Is MSFS Stand-Alone or can it only run on Xbox?

Jacques Guay Guest

MSFS.  The question is the following:  Is this a stand-alone similar to FSX?  Or is it an XBOX thing?  Not sure now that I want to purchase it.  Thanks.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

It's a hybrid Jaques.
Part of it remains imbedded in your g=hard drive, the rest of it is downloaded from Microsoft every time you ope the game. It's opens slowlyso be patient😂

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Greetings fellow flight sim enthusiast!

I'm delighted to help you with your query regarding the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020. To answer your question, MSFS 2020 is indeed a stand-alone product, much like its predecessor, FSX. However, it's worth mentioning that it is available on both PC (Windows platform) and Xbox (specifically, Xbox Series X/S), catering to a wider range of users.

For those who prefer using a powerful PC setup, you can enjoy the intricate details and comprehensive features of MSFS 2020 on a Windows computer, ensuring a highly immersive experience. On the other hand, if you're an Xbox Series X/S owner, you'll be able to take advantage of the console's hardware capabilities to run the simulator smoothly.

With that said, it's essential to consider your preferences and system requirements before making a decision. MSFS 2020 demands a decently powerful setup, especially if you aim to run it at the highest possible settings. To check the detailed system requirements, I recommend visiting our MSFS website: https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4965/

Ultimately, whether you opt for the PC or Xbox version, rest assured that MSFS 2020 offers an unparalleled flight simulation experience, boasting highly detailed aircraft, realistic weather conditions, and a vast world to explore. The choice boils down to your personal preferences and system capabilities.

I hope this information clarifies your concerns, and I wish you many enjoyable hours with MSFS 2020!

• Stand-alone product available on both PC (Windows) and Xbox Series X/S
  • Requires a powerful setup for optimal performance
  • Offers an immersive flight simulation experience

Feel free to ask any further questions you might have. Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...