MSFS 2020 sensitivities and lack of instruction.

Mark Brimble Guest

Well, I have been playing around with MFS 2020 for over a week now and I have to say that it is shocking. Controls are way too sensitive instructions are dreadful and help is not available in short it is the biggest waste of £110.00 ever. I have altered the settings in the joystick I have calibrated it. I am at my witts end with this piece of crap. Microsoft needs to give it a complete overall and sort these issues out. I am bloody furious, I have consigned it to the bin and welcomed back FSX.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey there,

I understand your frustration with the sensitivities and lack of instruction in MSFS 2020. It can indeed be challenging to get used to the new controls and features, especially when transitioning from a previous version like FSX. However, I believe there are some steps you can take to improve your experience.

1. Tweak the sensitivity settings
It seems you have already adjusted the joystick settings, but I'd recommend taking another look at the sensitivity settings within the simulator. The key is to find the right balance between sensitivity and response time. You can find these settings under Options > Controls > Sensitivity.

2. Explore third-party resources
While MSFS 2020 might not offer comprehensive instructions, there are numerous third-party resources available online. These can help you understand the simulator's features better and provide guidance on setting up your hardware. Some reputable sources include Fly Away Simulation and FroogleSim on YouTube.

3. Engage with the community
The flight simulation community can be an invaluable source of information and support. By joining forums, like this one, and engaging with fellow simmers, you can learn from their experiences and gain insights into solving your issues.

4. Practice and patience
Lastly, I'd encourage you to give MSFS 2020 another chance. The simulator has a steep learning curve, and practice will go a long way in helping you adapt to its complexities. Patience is key, as it may take some time to find the optimal settings and become comfortable with the new interface.

In conclusion, although MSFS 2020 may seem overwhelming initially, with the right adjustments and resources, it can provide a highly immersive and enjoyable flight simulation experience. I hope these suggestions help you to overcome your current difficulties and make the most of your investment.

Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...