Solving White Texture Issues in FSX Aircraft Models

Guest Guest

I have a problem with the textures of my planes. When I load my planes, the plane is all white but the cockpit is okay.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It sounds like you're encountering a common issue in FSX with aircraft textures appearing all white. This problem is typically related to the DirectX 10 (DX10) preview mode in the game settings. Several users have reported similar issues and have found a few potential solutions that might help you resolve this.

• Firstly, the most straightforward approach is to turn off the DX10 preview mode in FSX. To do this, go to the "Settings" tab, click "Customize," and then look for the checkbox that says "Preview DirectX 10." Make sure this box is unchecked. After doing this, restart FSX to see if it resolves the issue.
  • However, keep in mind that while disabling DX10 preview often solves the white texture problem, it can also have side effects like crashes or other graphical issues. If you encounter new problems after disabling DX10 preview, consider deleting the log file, as the simulator will create a new one upon restart. If the issue persists, inspect your recent add-ons. Sometimes, the last add-on installed (especially if it's a free aircraft) could be causing these problems. Removing it and everything that came with it might help. Furthermore, if you're unable to access the settings due to a crash, you can locate the FSX.cfg file and edit it manually. The location of this file varies depending on your Windows version, but you can usually find it in the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder under your user directory.
  • Another angle to consider is the compatibility of your aircraft add-ons with DX10. Not all aircraft, especially older ones or those converted from previous versions like FS2004, are fully compatible with DX10. If you're keen on using DX10, you might want to check out updated shaders like Steve Parson's shader updates available on Avsim.com. These can resolve many DX10 issues and make older aircraft models compatible.
  • Lastly, it's also worth checking your video drivers. Sometimes, specific versions of drivers don't play well with FSX, and you might need to roll back to an older version for better compatibility.

I hope these suggestions help you fix the texture issue with your planes in FSX. If you have further questions or need more details, feel free to ask. Fly safe!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...