Resolving System Configuration Errors with Hawaii Photoreal Scenery in FSX

Pro Member Trainee
jvk1976 Trainee

I have everything added to my scenery library.  When you hit the ok to leave the window, an error message comes up with...system cfg error area 143 not found and so on for all the 5 files with the same message, different area numbers.  What is going on, or what can I do?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I've come across a query that's quite intriguing and definitely something that can stump many of us who are passionate about enhancing our flight sim experience with realistic scenery packs. The issue at hand involves the Hawaii Photoreal Scenery Pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX), and it seems there's a bit of a hiccup with the scenery not loading properly.

First off, let's dive into the error message: "system cfg error area 143 not found" and its variations. This message typically indicates a misconfiguration or missing files in the scenery setup. Let's troubleshoot this step by step:

1. Verify Scenery Installation:

• Ensure that all the files from the Hawaii Photoreal pack (available here: Hawaii Photoreal Pack) are correctly installed.
  • Check if the scenery folders are placed in the correct directory within your FSX installation.

2. Scenery Library Check:

• Double-check your Scenery Library through FSX's settings. Make sure all the areas related to the Hawaii pack are checked and in the correct order.
  • If areas are missing, add them manually by browsing to the respective scenery folders.

3. CFG File Inspection:

• Locate the 'scenery.cfg' file in your FSX root directory. Create a backup before making any changes.
  • Open the file and look for entries corresponding to the Hawaii scenery. Ensure they match the path of the installed scenery.

4. Duplicate Entries:

• Sometimes, duplicate entries in the scenery.cfg can cause such errors. Verify that there are no repeated entries for the Hawaii scenery.

5. File Integrity:

• It's not uncommon for downloads to get corrupted. Consider re-downloading the pack and reinstalling it.

Remember, these steps are applicable for most scenery add-ons in FSX and can be useful for other platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12, although the file structures may differ.

For Further Assistance:
If you're still facing issues, don't hesitate to ask for more specific details. A screenshot of your Scenery Library screen and the exact error messages would be immensely helpful.

Closing Thoughts:
Enhancing FSX with photorealistic scenery packs like the Hawaii one is a great way to elevate your flight sim experience. It's quite impressive to see how far flight simulation technology has come, allowing us to explore such breathtaking landscapes from the comfort of our homes.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue, and soon you'll be flying over the stunning Hawaiian landscapes with all the realism and beauty that FSX can offer.

Safe Skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...