Troubleshooting FSX Launcher Issues on Windows 10

Darwin Enge Guest

I download the flight simulator X, play the game for a while
Then I turn it off for a while, but cannot reload
The launcher is blank.  So I have to uninstall and then reinstall to play every time
I've done this about six times.
My computer Windows 10 1 TB hard drive 8 GB of ram

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I noticed your query about the FSX launcher issues you're encountering on Windows 10. It sounds like a frustrating ordeal to reinstall the game repeatedly. Let's try to address this with a systematic approach.

Initial Steps to Troubleshoot FSX Launcher Problems

• Compatibility Check: Ensure FSX is set to run in compatibility mode. Right-click the FSX executable, go to Properties, then Compatibility, and select an earlier version of Windows, like Windows 7 or XP.
  • Administrator Rights: Run FSX as an administrator. Right-click the FSX shortcut and select 'Run as administrator.' This step often resolves many issues related to permissions.
  • Graphics Drivers: Update your graphics drivers. Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause unexpected issues with games.
  • Windows Update: Ensure your Windows 10 is up-to-date. Sometimes, system updates can fix compatibility issues.

Deeper Analysis

If the basic steps don't resolve the issue, we might need to dig deeper.

• FSX Configuration File: Sometimes, the fsx.CFG file can become corrupted. Try renaming it (found in your 'AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX' folder), and FSX will create a new one upon restart.
  • Third-party Add-ons: If you're using add-ons, one of them might be causing conflicts. Try disabling them temporarily to see if the issue resolves.
  • System Resources: With 8 GB of RAM, ensure no other heavy applications are running that could be consuming system resources.

Advanced Solutions

• Registry Fix: Sometimes, the issue might be with the Windows registry. Be cautious with this step – consider using a registry cleaner or manually checking the FSX registry entries.
  • Reinstalling Windows: As a last resort, if none of the above steps work, there might be a deeper issue with your Windows installation.

Remember, these steps are based on a broad understanding of common FSX issues on Windows 10. If you're still facing problems, could you provide more details about any error messages or specific behaviors you notice?

Lastly, while these solutions are tailored for FSX, they can often apply to other platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12, especially regarding compatibility and administrative privileges.

Hope this helps, and looking forward to getting you back in the virtual skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...