Troubleshooting Auto Brake Disengagement Issues in FSX 737-800

airmatmaster Guest

After touchdown, the auto brakes engage and apply the right amount of braking, but they don't disengage when I brake manually or apply thrust. Any suggestions? I am using the default 737-800 (FSX: SE).

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Your issue with the auto brakes not disengaging in the default 737-800 on FSX is a common hiccup that many pilots encounter. I've come across similar situations in my flights, and I’m here to share some insights that might help you resolve this.

Firstly, it's crucial to understand that the auto brake system in the 737-800 is designed to maintain braking pressure until the aircraft is almost at a standstill. This feature enhances safety, particularly during high-speed landings or on wet runways. When you manually apply brakes or increase thrust, the auto brakes should typically disengage, but this doesn’t always happen seamlessly in FSX.

• One common solution is to check your key bindings. Ensure that your brake key is not in conflict with any other function. In FSX, sometimes key bindings can get mixed up, especially if you're using custom settings or additional peripherals.
  • Another aspect to consider is the sensitivity of your brake controls. If the sensitivity is too low, the sim might not register the input as a manual braking action, hence not disengaging the auto brakes.
  • A less known but effective approach is to reset your flight configurations. Occasionally, FSX retains certain settings from previous flights which might interfere with current operations. Resetting these can often resolve unexplained issues.

It’s also worth noting that while these tips are specific to FSX, similar principles apply to other platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12. These newer sims have more sophisticated auto brake systems, but the fundamentals of troubleshooting remain similar.

If you’ve tried these steps and the issue persists, it might be a glitch specific to your installation. In such cases, a reinstall or update of FSX could be a potential solution. Before you proceed with that, ensure to back up your key settings and any add-ons you might have installed.

In conclusion, while frustrating, auto brake issues in FSX are often resolvable with some tweaking. I hope these suggestions help you get back to enjoying your flights without further braking issues. If you need more specific advice or have other questions, feel free to ask!

Safe skies and happy landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...