Adjusting the Viewpoint in the Cockpit of Cessna C172P for Better Runway Visibility

Robert Morgan Guest

I am learning to fly the Cessna C172P. But I can't see the runway over the dashboard. How do I adjust that?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It seems like you're experiencing some difficulty with the cockpit view in the Cessna C172P within FlightGear. Being able to see the runway over the dashboard is vital, and adjusting your seat or view can resolve the issue. Let's dive into a step-by-step guide to help you find the optimal setting for your flights.

1. Using the Keyboard Shortcuts:

• Press the + and - keys to change your field of view (FOV), which zooms in or out.
  • Utilize the x and y keys to pan around the cockpit.
  • The Shift + Arrow keys can be used to adjust the viewpoint, simulating seat adjustment.

2. Adjusting View Settings from the Menu:

• Navigate to View > Adjust View.
  • From here, you can manipulate various settings such as position, rotation, and field of view.

3. Saving the Customized View:

• If you find a view that suits your needs, you can save it for future flights.
  • Go to View > Save View and select a slot.

Note: These methods are specific to FlightGear. If you're also using platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator (released in 2020) or X-Plane 12, the process might differ. However, from my knowledge, most flight simulators have similar view adjustment functionalities.

Additional Resources: If you need more detailed instructions, the official FlightGear C172P wiki page can be a great resource.

I hope these steps guide you to an ideal cockpit view. Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...