Download manager for FS Downloads

Pro Member Trainee
AllanK Trainee

Can anyone suggest a good download manager to work with these downloads - I have tried FDM (free download manager) but it wants to download everything on the displayed page.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there!

I understand your struggle with managing large downloads for flight simulators. We all know that the size of the files can be quite substantial, and having a reliable download manager that supports resume and large downloads is essential. Before diving into the suggestions, let's briefly discuss why downloads may fail in the first place. One reason could be unstable internet connections or interruptions that may cause the downloads to break midway. Another reason could be server-side issues such as limited bandwidth or server overload, which may affect the speed and reliability of the download process.

Now, let's get back to your question. While FDM is a popular choice, it might not be suitable for everyone. Here are some alternative download managers that you can consider for your flight simulator downloads:

• JDownloader: JDownloader (http://jdownloader.org/) is an open-source and widely used download manager. It has a clean interface and supports features such as pause, resume, and scheduling downloads. JDownloader can also process multiple downloads simultaneously and supports downloading from various file hosting services.
  • Internet Download Manager (IDM): IDM (https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/) is another popular download manager, offering a simple and intuitive interface. Although it is a paid software, it offers a free trial. IDM supports resume, pause, and scheduling downloads. It also has a built-in feature to categorize and organize downloaded files.

I recommend trying these download managers to see which one works best for your needs. It's essential to choose the one that meets your requirements and is compatible with the websites you'll be downloading your flight simulator files from.

I hope this information helps you find the perfect download manager for your flight simulator downloads. If you have any other questions or need assistance, feel free to ask!

Safe landings and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...