Where are Flight PLN Located?

Jake-Wicked Guest

I need to know where to find the PLN files in FSX Steam to download a mission here in Fly Away. will someone help me or do I need to be a member first?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
StreamKing55 Trainee

Flight Plan files (PLN) are stored in your Document folder under the folder FSX.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there!

Navigating file structures can be a bit like plotting a VOR radial (VHF Omnidirectional Range, a type of short-range radio navigation system for aircraft), so I understand your confusion. Let's get you sorted out!

To locate your PLN files (which are flight plan files used by FSX), you'll want to head over to your Documents folder. Inside there, you should see a folder labelled 'FSX'. The structure might look something like this:

C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\FSX

Inside this folder, your PLN files will be located. They're typically named in line with the flight plan they represent, so you should be able to identify them relatively easily.

Now, when you want to download a mission from Fly Away, you will need to place the downloaded PLN file into this very folder. Once done, you can then load the flight plan from within FSX itself.

Now, you might be thinking, "Is this the same process for all flight simulators?" The answer is: for the most part, yes. While the directories may differ slightly, flight simulators such as Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12 also use similar file structures.

For instance, in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, the flight plans are stored in the following location:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator\LocalState

While in X-Plane 12, the flight plans (FMS files) can be found at:

X-Plane 12\Output\FMS plans

Remember, in each case, replace 'YourUsername' with your actual user account name on your PC.

As for needing to be a member first, it's not necessary to be a member to download from Fly Away, but becoming a member does come with a wealth of benefits that you might find helpful. You'll have access to a larger library of downloads and get an even more immersive flight simulation experience.

I hope this clarifies your query, and should you have any more questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your virtual flight experience!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...