Error with London City Airport Addon Installation: Scenery.cfg File Issue

Pro Member Trainee
Peter (Aviator49) Trainee

london_city_airport.zip

Tried both the auto-installer plus manually, and while I can see London City in the addon directory after trying to activate it, the airport remains unchanged. I get the following message when loading FSX 

"...Scenery.cfg file error. local scenery directory
(Addon Scerery\scenery). in scenery area .115 not found..."

Thanks

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Your experience with the London City Airport addon installation in Microsoft Flight Simulator X is quite concerning, and I can understand the frustration it must have caused. The error you've encountered is a common one, and it typically revolves around the configuration of the addon within the simulator. Let's dig into the details and work through the possible solutions.

1. Understanding the Error
The error message you received, "...Scenery.cfg file error. local scenery directory (Addon Scerery\scenery). in scenery area .115 not found...", specifically points to an issue with the scenery.cfg file. This file is vital in mapping your addons, and if it's incorrectly configured or missing a pathway, FSX won't recognize the addon files.

2. Detailed Solutions
Given that you've tried both the auto-installer and manual methods, let's go through a more detailed set of steps to resolve the issue:

1. Verify Scenery Path Configuration: Open the scenery.cfg file (usually found in the main FSX folder) and ensure that the path mentioned for the London City Airport addon is correct. The path should lead to the directory where you've installed the addon, which can be downloaded here.
  2. Check for Misspelled Directories: The error message contains "Addon Scerery," which may be a typo. Check for misspelled directories and correct them if necessary.
  3. Reinstall the Addon: If manual adjustments do not work, completely uninstall the addon and then reinstall it using the auto-installer. Remember to run the installer as an administrator.
  4. Ensure Simulator Compatibility: Confirm that your version of FSX is compatible with the addon. Sometimes, third-party addons require specific versions or patches to function properly.

Note: The solutions provided here may also be relevant for other platforms such as Microsoft Flight Simulator (released in 2020) and X-Plane 12, if applicable.

3. Here to Help
Should these steps not resolve your issue, please don't hesitate to reply with any additional details or error messages. I'm here to assist you, and together we'll get to the bottom of this. Flight simulation is a fascinating and intricate hobby, and resolving challenges like this is part of the process that brings continuous learning and growth.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress, and wishing you smooth virtual flying soon!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...