How to Retract Bombs and Close Bomb Doors on the Sunderland by Firstclass Sims

Pro Member Trainee
Tony (Laverda) Trainee

Anybody in there know how I can retract the bombs and close the bomb doors on the Sunderland?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Certainly, the operation of retracting bombs and closing the bomb doors on the Sunderland is an intriguing aspect of flying this aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator X. From my knowledge, I can provide you with a general guideline that may also apply to other flight simulator platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and X-Plane 12, depending on the specific add-on or model.

1. Retracting Bombs:

First, make sure you're using the correct control configuration and the aircraft is in the correct mode for bomb deployment or retraction.

• You might want to refer to the keyboard commands specific to the Sunderland model you're using.
  • Check the Aircraft's manual or documentation that comes with the specific add-on, usually located in the aircraft's folder within the simulator's directory.

2. Closing Bomb Doors:

Closing the bomb doors might be done via:

• A specific keyboard shortcut or joystick button if it's been configured in the simulator's settings.
  • By using the virtual cockpit and clicking the appropriate button or lever.

Note: If you're using a third-party add-on or specific modification, consult the accompanying documentation or the developer's website. Details for aircraft like the Sunderland may vary depending on how the simulation model has been built and the level of realism intended by the developers.

General Tips:

1. Review the aircraft's manual or the Readme file that usually comes with it. These files often contain detailed instructions specific to that model.
  2. Experiment with different controls within the cockpit. Sometimes, closing bomb doors might be linked with other functions or systems in the aircraft.
  3. If these strategies do not resolve the issue, seek help from the community or the add-on's support team, as they might have encountered similar issues and found a solution.

I hope this information helps you to retract the bombs and close the bomb doors on the Sunderland smoothly and efficiently. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...