Facing Installation Errors 1722 and 1603 While Installing FSX

maurice lyon Guest

Every time I try to install FSX it goes to the end of installing then it pops up Errors 1722 and 1603, I have tried to reset the Windows installer but to no good. can anybody help me, please?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand your frustration with encountering Errors 1722 and 1603 during the FSX installation. Let's address the issue step-by-step.

Error 1722: This is a common issue related to Windows Installer Package, and it could have various underlying reasons. Here's what you can do:

1. Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for FSX.
  2. Ensure that the Windows Installer Service is running properly.
  3. Use the Microsoft Fix it tool, which is designed to diagnose and fix Windows Installer issues. You can find this on the official Microsoft website.
  4. Reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework as it might be corrupt.

Error 1603: This error typically occurs when there is an issue with the user permissions, or the folder you're attempting to install into has restrictions.

1. Try installing FSX in a different directory.
  2. Run the installation as an administrator.
  3. Ensure that you have the correct permissions for the directory where FSX is being installed.

If the problem persists, consider the following:

1. Conduct a complete system scan to rule out malware or virus issues.
  2. Perform a clean boot, and then try to install FSX. This will help in identifying if any third-party applications are causing conflicts.
  3. Finally, consider reaching out to Microsoft's technical support or explore their official forums for further assistance.

It's worth noting that these solutions might be applicable to other platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator (released in 2020) or X-Plane 12, but the issue you described seems specific to FSX.

I hope this helps you in resolving the issue. Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...