Troubleshooting Missing Airport Terminal and Buildings in Ireland Scenery

Pro Member Trainee
Cyb3rKing Trainee

Hi all, I am a new member and x-plane simmer.  I downloaded ortho Ireland which is said to be compatible with Xplane 12.  I extracted the package and copied the contents of zireland into the custom scenery folder and when I ran x-plane, the grass looks much sharper but my airport terminal, buildings are missing. They were there with the default data. Anyone would know why this is the case?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Welcome to the fascinating world of flight simulation! Your situation is certainly an intriguing one, and I can see why you'd want to seek advice. Let's address this step by step.

1. Scenery Order Conflict:
The issue you've encountered with the missing terminal and buildings may stem from the scenery order in your scenery_packs.ini file. This file dictates how X-Plane layers the various components of your virtual environment.

• Ensure that the custom Ireland scenery (available at here) is placed above the default airport sceneries.
  • This can typically be resolved by manually editing the scenery_packs.ini file inside your Custom Scenery folder.

2. Correct Installation Path:
It might also be a matter of incorrect installation. Make sure that the folder structure of the custom scenery is aligned correctly.

• Ensure that the zireland folder is directly inside your Custom Scenery folder.
  • Inside the zireland folder, verify that you find subfolders like Earth nav data.

3. Compatibility Check:
Although the Ortho Ireland scenery is advertised as compatible with X-Plane 12, small discrepancies could still arise.

• Revert to the default scenery and check if the terminals reappear.
  • Experiment with different scenery settings in X-Plane to ensure no conflicting options are enabled.

4. Plugin Interference:
Sometimes, third-party plugins can interfere with custom sceneries. If you have other plugins installed, consider disabling them temporarily to see if the issue persists.

5. Reinstallation:
As a last resort, you might want to reinstall the custom Ireland scenery. Download it from here and follow the instructions carefully.

From my knowledge, these solutions should be applicable to popular platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator, provided the structures and settings are similar.

Please keep us updated on your progress, and don't hesitate to ask if you need further assistance. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...