Why Doesn't Add-On Scenery Display in VR?

Ron555 Guest

Hi. I often use my Meta Quest 2 VR with MSFS. I have noticed that add-on scenery does not display, or the scenery is less dense. Is this normal when using VR headsets?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand your concern regarding the differences in add-on scenery when using your Meta Quest 2 VR headset with Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release). It is quite common for users to experience a variation in the display of add-on sceneries while using VR headsets. This can be attributed to a few factors:

• Performance limitations: VR headsets demand higher performance from your system due to the need to render images for both eyes. To maintain an optimal frame rate and a smooth VR experience, the simulator may automatically decrease the scenery density and details.
  • Scenery compatibility: Some third-party sceneries are not designed with VR in mind, which can result in issues when using VR headsets. The developers might not have optimized the scenery for VR, or there could be compatibility problems with specific headsets like the Meta Quest 2.
  • Settings adjustments: In some cases, the difference in scenery density could be a result of changes in the simulator's settings. It is crucial to verify that the graphics settings, such as the level of detail radius (LOD) and autogen density, are appropriately configured.

To help improve the display of add-on sceneries in VR, consider the following steps:

Update your software and drivers: Ensure that you are using the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator, your VR headset software, and your graphics card drivers. Updates often contain performance improvements and bug fixes that could resolve display issues.

Adjust graphics settings: Experiment with different graphics settings within the simulator to find the right balance between performance and visual quality. You might need to compromise on some settings to achieve a smoother experience while retaining the desired scenery density.

Seek VR-optimized sceneries: When choosing add-on sceneries, look for those specifically optimized for VR or designed to be compatible with your headset. Developers who focus on VR compatibility will likely provide a better experience in terms of scenery display and performance.

I hope this helps you better understand the factors affecting add-on scenery display in VR and offers some guidance on enhancing your experience.

Safe flying and happy simming!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...