Retaining Flight Plans in MSFS 2020 After Reloading a Saved Session

SAVING A FLIGHT IN FS 2020, WHEN YOU RELOAD THE FLIGHT, THE FLIGHT PLAN GENERATED AT THE BEGINNING DISAPPEARS. IS THERE A SYSTEM TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?
THANK YOU

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello!

I understand the issue you're encountering with the flight plan disappearing after reloading a saved flight in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. It can be frustrating, but don't worry, I have a workaround that might help you with this problem.

Currently, MSFS 2020 does not save the flight plan along with the saved flight session, which results in the disappearance of the flight plan when you load the saved flight later. However, you can still preserve the flight plan by saving it separately in the World Map menu before starting your flight.

Here are the steps to save your flight plan separately:

1. Create a flight plan in the World Map menu.

2. Click on the Save button located on the toolbar at the top of the screen.
  3. Enter a name for your flight plan, and save it to your preferred folder or the default folder provided by MSFS 2020.
  4. Start your flight as usual, and save your flight session as needed.

When you want to reload your saved flight session and the associated flight plan, follow these steps:

[]Load your saved flight session from the main menu.

1. Once in the cockpit, open the World Map menu again.
  2. Click on the Load button on the toolbar and select the saved flight plan you created earlier.
  3. The flight plan should now be visible in the GPS system, and you can continue your flight with the flight plan intact.

Please note that this workaround is not perfect, and there might be slight discrepancies between the saved flight session and the flight plan, such as altitude or aircraft heading. However, it should be sufficient to help you preserve your flight plan when reloading a saved flight in MSFS 2020.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. Safe flying!

Michiel van der Leeuw Guest

How do you open the World Map from the cockpit?

Laurent Samson Guest

This guy has no clue of what is talking about. Obviously haven't tested what he suggest cause you cannot access Plan menu from cockipt without put an end to your flight and returnig to main menu.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello again!

I appreciate your input and understand your concerns regarding accessing the flight plan from the cockpit in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Indeed, my previous suggestion involved steps that require exiting the flight session, which might not be ideal for everyone. Let me clarify with a refined approach that keeps the simulation session uninterrupted.

Alternate Method to Preserve and Reload Flight Plans in MSFS 2020

Pre-Flight Planning: Before starting your flight, create and save your flight plan in the World Map menu as I described earlier.

Use of Third-Party Tools: Consider using external flight planning tools like Little Navmap or SimBrief. These tools offer advanced flight planning capabilities and the option to export your plans in formats compatible with MSFS 2020.

Little Navmap: A free, open-source flight planner, navigation tool, moving map, and more.
SimBrief: An online flight planning tool that integrates well with MSFS 2020.
In-Flight Access: For accessing or modifying your flight plan without exiting to the main menu, you can utilize in-game tools such as the in-cockpit avionics (e.g., Garmin G1000). While these might not allow for the full import of a saved plan, they do offer the ability to modify your route on the fly.

Saving During Flight: When saving your flight, MSFS 2020 captures the aircraft's state and position but not the detailed flight plan. This limitation is something the community has been discussing, and we hope to see improvements in future updates.

Note: Microsoft Flight Simulator and X-Plane 12 are continually evolving platforms, and updates or third-party addons might offer more seamless solutions in the future.

I hope this provides a more practical solution to your problem. Flight simulation is an ever-evolving hobby, and community feedback is crucial for its development. If you have further questions or need clarification on the tools mentioned, feel free to ask.

Safe travels in the virtual skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...