Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

is it possible to get peak performance w/o fancy video card

Pro Member Trainee
earthdance Trainee

I have a notebook PC and it's impossible to install a graphics accelerator video card in it 🙄 . So I am stuck with a 64 MB shared memory video card that came with my laptop. I was wondering if it was possible to get a really good performance on flight simulator without a fancy video card. Let's say with 1GB or 2 GB of RAM?
I have a Celeron 1.4 Ghz processsor

Chris

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

yes, turn EVERYTHING down.

Pro Member Trainee
earthdance Trainee

what do you mean?

Pro Member Chief Captain

in FS9, turn down all the display settings to low. Go to "Settings" then "Display". turn down view distance, clouds, turn off shadows. turn down the global detail to like very low. turn scenery complexity/autoget scenery to very sparse.

Pro Member Trainee
earthdance Trainee

The reason why I posted this topic was because I wanted a solution to my low resolution in fsim9. I wanted to know if it was possible to get good frames and quality with all my settings high without a graphics accelerator.

Pro Member Chief Captain

no

Pro Member Trainee
earthdance Trainee

not even if I get 2 GB ram and a super fast processor?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You'll get everything except very good FPS, that comes from a "power" video card.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

"The reason why I posted this topic was because I wanted a solution to my low resolution in fsim9. I wanted to know if it was possible to get good frames and quality with all my settings high without a graphics accelerator."

I thought Fire Emblem Master answered your question with more elaboration than most people would have...
The answer is no. All the memory you can buy won't make it yes...

Running FS9 with 64 megs of shared video mem. would be like putting a volkswagen engine into a one ton truck and expecting it to haul heavy loads.

The solution is a different computer...If you want to know what it will take in the way of a different computer, then ask.

Pro Member Chief Captain

short, sweet and to the point 😎