Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Autobrake

Pro Member Trainee
bennubird Trainee

Which settings determine how the autobrake functions? Are those settings in the Aircraft.cfg or elsewhere?

Thanks!

Bennu

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It seems like you enjoy reworking the CFG's.
Here are the SDK's from MS.
See how they can help you fix or improve your aircraft.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2798/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-sdk-pack-all-kits/

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

bennubird wrote:

Which settings determine how the autobrake functions? Are those settings in the Aircraft.cfg or elsewhere?

Thanks!

Bennu

If you mean how to turn the auto brakes on. There is usually a a knob on theinstrument panel that you can turn. The settings are usually, 1, 2 (which is the normal setting) 3, max, or RTO (rejected takeoff). If that is what you mean. Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

i think he means like how they function, like what % of full brake power do they generate at diff. settings.

Talk to Elkinallen, he's like the wizard of OZ with that sorta thing

Pro Member Trainee
bennubird Trainee

Radar man et al.,

Thanks for that link and the responses. I'm not really a programmer, but I do understand basic xml and have caught on to the rudiments of the aircraft.cfg file. I haven't really started tweaking things for experimental purposes - I do plan to (for my own enjoyment), but I have been trying to correct minor glitches - taxi lights that don't work in 2D, RTO that only accepts the lowest setting, airplanes that are off the ground though, technically, not flying, NAV gauges that don't work. That sort of thing.

This stuff is WAY too much fun! Again, thanks all!

Bennu