An add-on to rival PMDG's realism!

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

So this post is mostly to catch the attention of GPS kid, but also to propose an idea of anyone who has $35 that they'd like to gamble! SSW (http://www.simsoftworkshop.com) produced a model of the Airbus A310-203/303 aircraft last year, and in-spite of a few negative reviews I purchased it anyway. I certainly was in way over my head and was unable to even turn the nav systems on. So, having never successfully flown a flight in it in-spite of many attempts, it was burried away for a year.

I just recently pulled it out and I certainly see this in a new light! Having had the experience of several more realistic addons like the PMDG 737NG and PIC ERJ-145, I decided to take a stab at this beast again. I must say that this is probably one of the most realistically designed aicraft I've ever seen! Every system and dependency has been recreated, with easily more than 90% of real world features and switches modeled. The FMC is the most comprehensive I've seen, with nearly a 200 page PDF manual! (don't worry, to anyone with FMC experience this goes quickly). The rest of the manuals for the system are easily on the same comprehensive level as the FMC, practically taken from the real world manuals! These are not for the faint of heart, but to the experienced it's a joy!

The textures can give a pretty heavy frame rate hit, taking a while to pull up, but once they are they can be breathtaking at times. The windshield in the VC mode is fully reflective, creating one of the most realistic cockpit feels. The external model is detailed from the landing gear to the individual slats for the air-brake.

So in regards to my title, for anyone who has flown several of the most realistic products (that include FMC's) for FS9, this should be a welcome addition to your fleet! It certainly has it's share of bugs, and the support is hardly the best I've seen, but this aircraft contains the most realistically modeled systems i've seen. This will force you to TRULY learn and enjoy your aircraft!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hey Grunge,

Sorry for the delay - I've been off-line learning how to operate Just Flight PSS Concorde Pro.....

WHERE ARE ALL THE POSTINGS ON THIS SITE ABOUT CONCORDE PRO ????

It's the most anticipated add-on since FS2004's launch two years ago, I mean the forums are buzzing elsewhere and no-one is on to it on our fine site here....... come on guys, I expect at least 5 of us to be 'rated' by the end of Feb !

Anyway, sorry Grunge - I'm really interested in this A310... I've not seen or heard of it so will check out the site and may just invest in it... The only thingk that puts me off is that Phoenix (PSS, the best add-on developers in the world) are producing a A300 / A310 add-on but I think it will be the back end of this year before it hits the virtual hangars.

This version you have found certainly sounds interesting - is the (2D) Main Panel up to PMDG / PSS standards ?

Will let you know how I get on - in the meantime I'm 100% absorbed in Concorde Pro - there is stuff in this add-on that you wouldn't believe possible in FS2004, and as I just upgraded my PC sound system to include a 100w Woofer, you want to hear those engines.

Starting the beast takes 25 minutes (but isn't too frustrating), and handling is like nothing else - these are no flaps and thats not the only MAJOR difference..... It's definately in your league Grunge, and I'm sure all the other Advanced fans will love it too.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...