SearchSearch 

Getting to grips with the A340 Professional

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

I've started this topic as I'm really trying to get into the Airbus with JustFlight's excellent add-on and it'll be great to add to it & use as help...

I loaded a flight plan to the FMS created by FS2004. The horizontal navigation was fine but I couldn't set the autopilot manually or to the FMS.
No matter if I was pulling or pushing the control knob (same with the vertical speed) - it would not set the altitude autopilot.

Any ideas?

10 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Difficult one without seeing! First question-is the autothrottle armed?

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

This is a pic I took.
I can set the speed so the autopilot follows it. I can set the bearing and again the autopilot follows. However I can not set the altitude with any combination of left or right clicks... See it has gone all the way past 5000. Oh, and I've never got the button underneath (ALT) to light up.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

You should be able to click "Alt" for it to climb/descend to the assigned altitude you put in the alt window. If this is not the case I am unsure what to suggest. The odd thing is that Alt is lit on the EADI screen this should signify you are in a command mode for alt capture. Did you say you had programmed the FMS to guide you in profile as well as azimuth?

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

The ALT button won't light. And the FMS is unprogrammed.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Sounds like a problem with the ac and not you! I think GPS Kid has the same add-on I am sure he will read this and be able to advise. In the meantime it may be worth reinstalling you would know better than I, computers are not my best subject! In short the "Alt" light should light up like the others it is a switch all the same.

Hamlet40 Guest

Hi horrgakx,

seems you forgot to activate the flight director Smile

Greetings

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

This will in no way affect the AP.

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

It turned out nothing to do with the FD (this doesn't affect the AutoPilot anyway). The problem was with FSUIPC.DLL - I reinstalled it and everything is fine again.

Dave

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I think the problem is with FSUIPC.DLL and if you reinstall it should be fine.

he he he he he he ! 😂

Shame I missed this one !

Glad it's sorted - enjoy. 😉

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

My last message duplicated so this is the deleted posting of the duplicate!