Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

DC-4, DC-6 or 7

Pro Member Trainee
simme Trainee

Does any one know where i can get a real good DC-4, 6 or 7.

it should have a super VC i like good VCs like the 727 707 of CapSim. I have the DC 4-7s from the freeware place with the Boeing 377 (Which is an excelant model) except for the way it handles!.... Payware is okay $ I'm loaded - well maybe not fully loaded!

Hack <- I Love That!

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

Talk to Radarman. He steered me toward a DC-7 that had its own install program to go with it. It was one of my few successful download installations. I like it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

All the pay-ware that I can find, I'm not a huge fan of big iron. Maybe some of the other members have seen others elsewhere.

DC-9

DC-3 MAAM

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

These are made by Erick Cantu (whom I think is the best aircraft creator around). They have all the DC/MD's.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

DC-9 Self Installing (exe)

http://www.hilmerby.com/download.html

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
simme Trainee

Thanks guys but tried all those good planes but no really good VCs. I have the DC-3 MAAM now that's a top of the line model - beautiful plane.

i have DC9s too but they are jets. I like props (4 engine) type.

i'll just keep looking and hoping Fear

Hack

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

Very Happy This site should cover your needs Very Happy
http://www.calclassic.com/

Pro Member Trainee
simme Trainee

Thanks. Tried all those.

The Boeing 377 is the best. It has a good VC. But I think needed fine tuning as far as how it handled. I've done some and it's better than it was. It use to fly with nose down on level flight (hate that). I found a new air file with a KC 97 (the Air Force Version) so i used that air file in it's place and then it would nose up and down like a boat on waves with just a touch of the yoke. I fixed that by reducing the area size of the elevator in the Aircraft file. I like to tune them. I use to be able to tune the air file but now the air file are written so you can't tell whats what. But you can still mess around with their Aircraft.cfg files. Just be careful and keep (backups) Not that i've messssss uppp Rolling Eyes

Hack