Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

What's this???

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Somebody explain what's going on in the simulator - (FS9). I am having issues with the program. I am flying for two hours and the sun hardly moves and there is little AI traffic when suddenly the progress bar pops up as the screen goes blank and it says "updating scenery files" and then the flight resumes. Issue is that when I rejoin my flight in progress the sun is setting as it should have been incrementally all the while. If it takes more than 2 hours for the scenery files to "update" I can go from mid-afternoon to evening in one adjustment. How come the rate of time of day is screwed up?? There seems to be a bug in the works?? In addition, upon resumption of the flight, ATC is suddenly overwhelmed w/callouts that can go on for 1 to 1.5 minutes. It seems as thought it is making up for all the traffic it missed during the hang time in the change of time of day? -- Anybody else here have this happen to them??

Thanks bros.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sorry, Can't say that has ever happened to me. Sounds quite weird, and I couldn't guess at what is happening 😞 . Sorry

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

It indeed looks strange to me too. Do you have a powerful computer with enough memory?
THat could be the problem too.

Pro Member First Officer

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1506/computer-crashes-to-blue-screen-on-long-flights/
try that post I just found. Looks like someone Has already had that problem

Pro Member First Officer

that should be it. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Orlando, what are your PC specs, and have you added any scenery recently?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Do you have your settings set to "Change weather over time" ? This might have something to with it. There is also another setting like this in SETTINGS : DISPLAY in FS9.

🍻

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

All,

Thanks a lot for all this input. I appreciate 'Fly Away' for all of you good guys who rush in to help. I am now running down all of the suggested steps to fix this. Have printed out the page with your posts so that I can follow what everybody mentioned.

-george

99jolegg,

I have a 2002 Dell Dimension 4550 and that's about all I know. It was the best on the market in terms of the upper-intermediate PC of its day. I did get every upgrade I could get at the time (memory 512 RAM-sound card-Nvidia etc.) I have addon scenery but have not added in months. Having said that, I believe there is something to what you say and I am going to brainstorm on it also. -Thanks for the good idea!

-george