Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Engine Overheat

Pro Member Trainee
HigherAviation Trainee

Im flying a long haul flight over the pacific in a 747 and enigne 2 is overheating wot should i do?

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

I would reduce the power of the overheating engine, and fly normal power the 3 other engines. If it gets dramatic, put the overheating engine on iddle power

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

that's what I would do. I don't know of any other ways except shutting down that engine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I don't see why one engines would overheat, as all of the engines should be doing the same thing. Do you mean that the N1% is above 100%? If it is, (and you are using AT) it means the engines are trying to maintain a high speed, and it is struggling. Reduce the speed and it should help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Are you sure you're looking at the correct #'s, you want to see the EGT, not N1 or N2. If EGT is in the red, reduce power. How high are you flying, if you're cruising at like FL310, shut down the engine, because something is not good with it, it should stay cool that high up.

Pro Member Trainee
Doc Nelson (Docmach) Trainee

If you're at a cruising FL, which I assume that you are, I would recommend shutting down #2. First I'd roll off the power to #2 very gently and bring the aircraft down to FL260 or so. Then I'd shut her down. I'd reduce the cruise to 450 knots, and trim her accordingly. You sure don't want to bring her below FL 250 all heated up. Good Luck!

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Yeh, how did this happen? I've never seen overheats in FS2004...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

God only knows...I've had flap malfunctions before... Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

THe other day I had a battery failure. I had just landed as was taxiing to the terminal when all my instruments and lights just turned off. Finally cycled the battery and Bus switches a few times and got them back on.

Maybe a stupid question, but I am new and I would like to know where I can see my flight level..?! I don't know where to look.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Flight level is just another term for altitude. Above 18,000 ft., all aircraft set their altimeters to a standard setting of 29.92 in (1013 mb). Since all aircraft are flying this way, separation is assured. The true altitude above sea level or the absolute altitude above the ground does not matter; not much to hit above 18000 ft. So, altitudes at and above 18000 ft are called Flight Levels. (FL180 for instance)

M man Guest

Me netheir in FS2004!!

Pappy55 Guest

Some payware addons have failures..

My '747-200 Ready For Pushback' Addon has engine fires ect...