Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

United VA

Pro Member Trainee
roadster123 Trainee

well I just joined. Now to see if I can get everything loaded right Before my two weeks are up.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find the 2 week limit very easy to get through. Don't feel the need, if you don't have the time, to do your first few flights on line. It took me until nearly 40 hours time logged with UVA before braving my first VATSIM flight! Where are you based?

Pro Member Trainee
roadster123 Trainee

Out of Chicago I was glad of that. I might have a few Questions for you here soon.

Pro Member Captain

Welcome to ORD! I actually live close to LGA in new york, but I certainly prefer ORD over JFK!

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

I m at the cpa virtual airlines, but I don't think it is that realistic. What is there special at United so I know if I should join?

Pro Member Captain

UVA gets most of it realism from flying on line using VATSIM. It's certainly a new experience using realistic ATC. You don't have to of course, but it certainly helps. Then the people who run it try to keep it true to the real United schedules, aircraft, routes, etc. etc. The reserving and PIREP filing is an extremely easy system. The help is certainly always available, and people are always willing to offer training. Also, they certainly aren't anal about realism in number at the cost of sacrificing realism in the aircraft. The use of the finer-payware, even though United may not fly it is certainly encouraged--- within reason. (I.E., using the PMDG's 737-700/800 models when they only fly 300 & 500s in real life)

Pro Member Trainee
roadster123 Trainee

I joined account just like United. It shows me on the roster but can't log in account didn't send me password. Big problem is I am having trouble getting squawk box loaded to where it works. Worked on it all day and couldnt get it to work. Me and the computer dont get along most of the time.