E-D 3D glasses: R they worth it?

Pro Member Trainee
bmann333 Trainee

I was thinking about purchasing some E-D glasses to heighten my flight sim
experience, however the reviews I have read are not that impressive, and the good reviews come from the company selling them. I have a 30 inch LCD
monitor and a NVIDIA 6800 Ultra. I thought if I could immerse myself in 3D it would enhance my game play. However, I am not willing to give up graphic quality or frame reduction due to 3D conversion. My PC is a Intel P4 3.2 Prescott with 1GB of Memory, 2 WD raptors running raid 0 with the above mentioned Video card. I am concerned that some reviews say that these glasses do not work well with LCD displays. Currently running most games at
1024 x 768 32bit @ 75HZ. If anyone has tried these, I would greatly appreciate your unbiased opinion.

Thanks,

Brian
🙂

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
vli911 Guest

Recently I just bought a pair of 3D glasses from eDimensional, which claims their glasses work for virtually every PC games on any standard video and on both CRT and LCD monitors. Are the claims true? Here is my experience after hours of testing and tweaking

It works really well with my GF FX5200 card and my 19" Samsung CRT monitor for certain games (Medal of Honor AA, and IL2-Sturmovik). However, it does NOT work for Battlefield 1942, Ground Control 2, Ghost Recon demo, and Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield.

When I switched to a new 17" Dell LCD monitor, it does NOT work. Every object has a shadow but no 3D effect.

Finally, I tested the glasses with my new ATI Radeon X300 video card on my CRT and LCD monitors. In either case, it does NOT work.

What is your experience? Did the manufacturer exaggerate its compatibility?

invictius Guest

edimensional www.edimensional.com now sell 3d glasses that work with lcd monitors. I have the crt version and they are pretty good... just as well u have a nvidia card or it would be a LOT of fiddling to get your games working.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I'd say a good buy would be the LCD compatible glasses and the new Trackir Vector Expansion.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...