Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

traffic

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I've downloaded extra traffic and one 737-200 came down at about... I'd say 1500 fpm. It bounced twice. What should I do? Just live with it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

They do that. Sometimes it just happened. I mean if it was the first and only one to do that, then it's not a big deal. The AI aircraft still "Fly" just like your aircraft does. They burn fuel, they have engine thrust, it's just like your aircraft you're flying. thats why having a lot of them slows the framerates down way hardcore.

Pro Member Chief Captain

This may be a stupid question, but what is framerates?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

It's a measure of how many frames per second the game/application is running at. Essentially it's speed, like how smooth it runs.
Higher numbers are better. High 50's are awesome, 100+ is godly. People say "leave it at 25 so the PC resources are used for something else". Do not listen to these people.
You can set up FS9's target frame rate from the SETTINGS menu, then click the DISPLAY, then HARDWARE button. You'll see near the top a slider for frames per second (FPS). Set and leave this at 35. If you have a video card at or better than a FX5200 Nvidia card, you'll be able to get 28-35 FPS relatively easily. Generally the rule is set the max FPS to the highest amout reported by FS9.
To see the FPS during flight, press SHIFT+Z twice. I don't know your system specs, so i couldnt guess at the FPS you'll get, but leave the slider at 35, and if you constantly have and stay at 35FPS, bring it to 60. Find out the highest it'll go and leave it there. Mine is unlimited. It doesn't hurt anything to leave it at unlimited either.

Pro Member Chief Captain

OK.